Modified Leatherman

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
@Bluetick21 @Aerindel heres thread dedicated to modifying leathermans yall wanted.

i know we all have very different goals in items we want. i will show link..if i can find them to tools for taking these leathermans apart.

all right yall...loki has tools up on ebay for sale currently. i have ordered from him without troubles. in past once these were sold out it took months for him to get them again. so if you want it jump on it and get you this set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293017888820?epid=8017348053&hash=item44393a2834:g:sP8AAOSw7NpZzUfH
s-l1600.jpg

here is a source of possible affordable tools. i have a very expensive version of this. but i couldnt bring myself to break it apart.about a year later old timer came out with a cheaper version. the old timer doesnt lock where the flexcut carving jack does. the flex tool is highly highly dangerous.its sharp as surgical steel and if you cut yourself you are seriously cut too.on season 6 of alone 3rd place guy took the old timer as 1 of his items(nathan donnelly) one cost $20 the other over $100

old timer splinter

s-l300.jpg

flexcut carving jack

R0f18a822b9fbef0822e71648f98c04f2

I have carried a p38 and just a regular knife (usually either an old timer or a buck) for years, covers most of what I need. I got the p38 out of a case of C-rations, still have the same one on my key ring (I once had a lot of them, but I only need 1). During hunting season I switch to a lock blade version and carry something to sharpen it with.

Years ago I emailed Leatherman and asked if I could order a multitool with specific blades. They said that was an interesting idea but not available.
I have a bunch of multitools of various brands and I never use them. I carry a Swiss Army Knife Tinker Pocket Knife.

The stuff stolen confiscated by the TSA is sold on eBay. You might notice there aren't many high-quality items for sale.
tsa confiscated for sale | eBay

Well except for the stuff that never gets turned in. There were 3 TSA guys selling stuff and when they were caught one of them had over 250 pounds of multitools and knives.
I knew all 3 of them.

this is about building a modified leatherman.my want of it is either for show alone or as a tool to use while i hunt and fish mostly.

things i would like to see in one. a larger type chisel,either a drill bit or some way to drill holes easier,a file,in my pictures over in other thread you can see i have 3 blades,a rapala fillet knife being one and the other two are original blades.i would try and change this up with blades from case pocket knife for a much higher quality of knives.having a piece of steel you can heat over and over to burn holes would be a bonus. not sure if the screw driver i ground down to a sharp point like a large rough awl would take the abuse of repeated heatings. if leatherman would take the core handles and just slightly make then larger as in longer and thicker they would take much wider range of tools.i wouldnt mind a small plier head either o add fractions inside closed handles for this either.

I like how that one has and actual saw blade. Mine now has the interchangeable t-shank that the file fits and also saw blade. But it is kinda nice at the same time cause you can fit a variety of jig saw blades in the t-shank set up

I have

Fieldmaster Swiss Army Knife
Fieldmaster Swiss Army Knife
SKU: SA14713033
5.0 star rating55 Reviews

MSRP: $52.00

And I got this for birthday.

Leatherman Free P2 Multi Tool

Leatherman Free P2 Multi Tool & Sheath

I have carried a p38 and just a regular knife (usually either an old timer or a buck) for years, covers most of what I need. I got the p38 out of a case of C-rations, still have the same one on my key ring (I once had a lot of them, but I only need 1). During hunting season I switch to a lock blade version and carry something to sharpen it with.
Me too. I do not carry P32 now, but I have a folding knife in every vehicle & every room in the house.
A Machete with saw teeth on the spine, in my truck for cut larger thing like limbs & shrubs, snakes of all kinds.

Yes, it feels like it has sticky on it, but a little tug & it is loose, not stiff at all . Have not had much call to use the cutters or the knife. I use the Fieldmaster & a folding buck with two inch blade daily.
For about 10 years I used the P38 like a flathead screwdriver, with the Fieldmaster & a key ring screwdriver, it is in a bug out bag. I think it is worth the money, even though I paid nothing for it.

anyone working on a modified leatherman? @Bluetick21 i spent a few minutes in shop taking knife apart.i now have real tools that might work on my leatherman. it remains to be seen if they will work at all.

anyone working on a modified leatherman? @Bluetick21 i spent a few minutes in shop taking knife apart.i now have real tools that might work on my leatherman. it remains to be seen if they will work at all.
Awesome. What are you adding? I picked up a rapala knife like yours. I wasn’t sure about it using the liner locks on the out side of the surge but I’m taking out the small flat screw driver to put the blade in. I have found another plain edge blade it’s supposed to be here next week so I’ll be taring in to mine here really soon

Awesome. What are you adding? I picked up a rapala knife like yours. I wasn’t sure about it using the liner locks on the out side of the surge but I’m taking out the small flat screw driver to put the blade in. I have found another plain edge blade it’s supposed to be here next week so I’ll be taring in to mine here really soon

i took the splinter knife apart.

I have researched some on taking these things apart I ain’t tackled mine just yet. The lil washers on your table is that little spacers/bushings? Is so are they hard to line up and get back together?

they were the spacers in the old timer splinter these blades came from so i saved them to put back if at all possible. they slid off pins easy with tiny screwdriver.

they were the spacers in the old timer splinter these blades came from so i saved them to put back if at all possible. they slid off pins easy with tiny screwdriver.
I definitely want to see it when you get it done The hardest part is deciding what I’m gonna put on mine I’ve already decided what I’m taking off of it just not what to put in its place

I want a double action 357 magnum on mine.

I want a double action 357 magnum on mine.

thats full blown james bond stuff...you will have to consult others on design...and be sure you have a bigger belt for it...lol

Latest posts

Back