Mother charged in death of drowned son - Is this justice?

Discussion in 'News of the Day' started by angie_nrs, Nov 1, 2018.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Nov 1, 2018 #1

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

North Carolina mother charged in death of son who drowned in hurricane, prompting accusation of racism from NAACP
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.70bf5d040329

I think what this mother did was incredibly stupid, but she is only 20 years old and probably didn't think through the consequences of her actions. She shouldn't have gone around those road baracades, but from what I can tell she did not intend to harm her son. I think pressing charges against this woman is a bit much. She will pay the price of her actions for the rest of her life in the grief of her lost son. This is a case that I do not believe the courts should get involved in, nor should the NAACCP for that matter. Perhaps there are some circumstances that the public is not aware of that the prosecutors office is not disclosing? The mother is apparently not making any comments either, which would likely be due to her lawyers recommendation.

Something just doesn't smell right here.......

Weedygarden, snappy1 and timmie like this.
  2. Nov 2, 2018 #2

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

Interesting. Another news article quoted her as, "he let go" implying she was blaming the 1 year old for the reason of his death. And that ,"She did everything she could to protect him" A lie because she willingly drove around the barricades.

She is only 20 and didn't think through the consequences of her action? Are we talking about her driving around the barricades and the death of her son or getting pregnant? IMHO if she is too young to care for a infant she is too young to get pregnant. No mention of the infant's father, why?

3. Nov 4, 2018 #3

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

You know there is often more to the story than we will ever know. She or her family may have a history of other crimes. Sometimes there are people who have gotten away with stuff that LEO's know but haven't been able to pin on people or even families. There are families who are crime organizations themselves. It is a matter of time before the people in that family do something that can finally be pinned on someone. This may be the case with this mother.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  4. Nov 4, 2018 #4

joel

joel

joel

The law is clear,she put her child at risk & he died. But I agree that unless something is being with held she should not see jail time.

Weedygarden likes this.
  5. Nov 4, 2018 #5

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

What comes to my mind is why children are to be in car seats. The old adage was,"if we are in an accident I will hold onto my child." Well, maybe, until you can't!

Imagine the amount of people who have put their children at risk over the years, like our parents when we were children?

snappy1 likes this.
  6. Nov 4, 2018 #6

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

And, have you ever seen that there is no protest when it is black on black shooting and killing, or other tragedy? Where is the outrage then?

Patchouli likes this.