Mowing the yard....Yuck

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I had my neighbor, who graduated with his Masters in plant life, look at my citrus trees to determine why they looked yellow. He said they were all iron deficient, and recommended Ironite. He then told me to use any excess on the lawn for a rich, deep green color. Yes, the lead is a concern, so unless I have another serious problem, I will be using something else.

Actually, I had my neighbor, who graduated with his Masters in plant life, look at my citrus trees to determine why they looked yellow. He said they were all iron deficient, and recommended Ironite. He then told me to use any excess on the lawn for a rich, deep green color. Yes, the lead is a concern, so unless I have another serious problem, I will be using something else.
Has it rained or have you watered? Unless your grass is thin I'd probably mow. We used ironite quite a bit when we had deciduous trees because of the lack of iron.

I mowed for a little tonight. No rain in weeks. Only thing growing are patches of Bahia grass. So had to push mower over it twice to cut seed heads. 99 degrees and humidity in 80s. Have a large yard and I do most with push mower and finish away from house with tractor. If i mow yard with tractor I get big ruts in sand that push mower can't go through. Our house listed with a realtor so try to keep it looking ok even though I don't water.

Water rates are going up everywhere even in Australia @havasu and it is getting a real killer on everyone's budgets unfortunately. We will likely be going into severe water restrictions here as our area has been drought declared.

Our lawn is like yours @txcatlady more bare spots than grass as we only water with saved grey water from our showers and washing machine which barely keeps it alive. We do have some places with a bit of green but not much. It is too expensive to water with town water as we are only allowed a certain amount of litres in our rental agreement before we pay for excess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back