My back hurts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would give CBD a try but I'm subject to drug testing any day within 2 hours. I know CBD isn't suppose to show up, but can't take the chance. I will use it when I retire.
Wife uses it for various pain and it works well for her. She has lots of nerve pain from a car wreck years ago, it does ease it up for her.

As ya'll might guess I get odd requests sometimes concerning medical issues. Back in the summer a family friend called. His wife has severe medical issues. Even their doctor suggested CBD. The guy wanted me to help figure out where and what to buy. Which in my state is called Delta 8, anyone over 18 can buy it. Delta 9 requires a doctors referral.

I discovered two things right away about the places that sell such items. Some business are nice, clean, well lighted with a knowledgeable staff. They sell quality merchandise.

Some are basically tobacco shops with poor quality merchandise. The staff, around here they can barely speak english and know nothing or they are not telling. Others places are down right sleazy. Surprised they didn't have a triple X signs with movies in the back. Both sell poor quality and badly over priced crap.

I went in a dozen shops before I found a nice place. Pic below...

Vaping... basically a little battery driven pot pipe that burns some of the oil. You inhale the smoke.

Gummies, the preferred method of many. It's just a gummy in various shapes and colors. You chew it up and swallow.

Where I ended up buying... Yes, they are still too "embarrassed" to be seen there so I buy it for them every couple of months. I don't mind, drive right by the place in the big town.

Anyway, this place is clean and professional... They've actually added a big new counter down the left side.

cbd wellness.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about Indiana or Illinois.. Wife got hers in Michigan when we were up there last. We were skeptical about going to a pot shop. But I gotta say I was impressed. Security guard at the door, ex Mil I have no doubt. Had to wait in a waiting room and only allowed to go into a locked room when some one was free to wait on you, no wondering around alone. Over half the store was medicinal, had everything from gummies to rubs and anything in between you can think of. Everything was locked in cabinets. You could look at any and everything, and explain all about the product. even recommend certain stuff for certain ailments. Then when you picked what you wanted the sales person rang you up. Left thru the same waiting room and security guard. Not what I expected at all.

I had chronic back pain until I went to a podiatrist with a foot problem. I was prescribed orthotics for both feet. No more back problems. I never realized how much your foot balance affects your back. I had been going to chiropractors for years at least once a month to get temporary relief.

I got some THC test strips and tested positive. This is a full spectrum solution, you would need something different.
Just as I suspected.

Peanut, the stuff from Jim McDonald is gonna take a while to read thru. But the first one is very informative. I gotta figure out a path for using the suggestions. I've got some solomans seal I'll start with. I had found some Mullien seed a while back, need to order that and get to growing it.

A few years ago I used MJ tincture in a spray form, scented with lavender. I got hurt loading a bull. 50/50 deal, surgery would repair the damage but at my age was it worth the risks? Plus, already had arthritis in that knee anyway.

After months using a cane a friend (industrial roofer) fell 23ft through the roof of a school. He was messed up. When he finally came home he was so doped he set his kitchen on fire twice, something had to change. He was in terrible pain but those pills were going to kill him.

Someone brought him this MJ tincture. Just spray it on the skin like a knee, shoulder or back etc. 10min later the pain was gone. It lasted about an hour. I got a bottle also. It worked wonders for my knee.

There was no "high" or "buzzed" feeling. Just great medicine! Non-addicting and my eyes didn't get red!

A few years ago I used MJ tincture in a spay form, scented with lavender. I got hurt loading a bull. 50/50 deal, surgery would repair the damage but at my age was it worth the risks? Plus, already had arthritis in that knee anyway.

After months using a cane a friend (industrial roofer) fell 23ft through the roof of a school. He was messed up. When he finally came home he was so doped he set his kitchen on fire twice, something had to change. He was in terrible pain but those pills were going to kill him.

Someone brought him this MJ tincture. Just spray it on the skin like a knee, shoulder or back etc. 10min later the pain was gone. It lasted about an hour. I got a bottle also. It worked wonders for my knee.

There was no "high" or "buzzed" feeling. Just great medicine! Non-addicting and my eyes didn't get red!
But did you get the munchies???

Wife has a roll on thing. Similar to a deodorant stick. Works wonders on her hands, even on her temples for a headache

I would give CBD a try but I'm subject to drug testing any day within 2 hours. I know CBD isn't suppose to show up, but can't take the chance. I will use it when I retire.
Wife uses it for various pain and it works well for her. She has lots of nerve pain from a car wreck years ago, it does ease it up for her.
This is my issue as well. No cannabis, period, and legal status is irrelevant. My employer trumps the law...

A few years ago I used MJ tincture in a spray form, scented with lavender. I got hurt loading a bull. 50/50 deal, surgery would repair the damage but at my age was it worth the risks? Plus, already had arthritis in that knee anyway.

I too tried that spray type, unfortunately no effect at all. It was given to be by a gal, who is into these types of alternative pain relievers, because it also had no effect on her.

Any kind of structural body problems can be prevented and sometimes fixed with yoga. Been doing it for many years and it even sort of fixed my foot I injured in a horrible accident a few years ago. I keep telling my husband to do it for his weak knees and ankles but he just doesn't want to be bothered

My muscles in my hips hurt, DW said it from sitting for a long time.
But it has not hurt in the last year or so, why now.

Have you ever tried Marijuana? When I'm places its legal, it helps mine,
just decarboxylate it and make brownies or mix it in cocca. What Is Decarboxylation and How Is It Done? - CNBS
Even the low end schwag has the pain killing properties you need, so its cheap.

Have you ever tried Marijuana? When I'm places its legal, it helps mine,
just decarboxylate it and make brownies or mix it in cocca. What Is Decarboxylation and How Is It Done? - CNBS
Even the low end schwag has the pain killing properties you need, so its cheap.
There is research going on now to define even the different aspects of CBD to understand how using this part or that part can help with this or that. This is research that could have and should have been done long ago, but pharmaceuticals made sure it was illegal. I am sure they are lobbying hard to keep MJ and all aspects of it illegal so that it will not interfere with their drugs and profits.

Now what about mushrooms? That is another thing that has a long way to go in research to figure out dosages, treatment and effectiveness.

There is research going on now to define even the different aspects of CBD to understand how using this part or that part can help with this or that.
Now what about mushrooms? That is another thing that has a long way to go in research to figure out dosages, treatment and effectiveness.

Weedygarden, you are correct, Big Pharma & the healthcare racket are down on weed, CBD, etc., and have been for decades... moi, I'd rather trust a plant found in nature than ANY Big Pharma junk. I like mushrooms too, but I'm leery about foraging for the right kind because those 'Death Caps' are nasty... some folks know what they're doing in the woods (a nod to Peanut here), so it's not an issue, but I'd hate to pull shrooms out of the forest and then die an agonizing death, lol. :oops:

As some might suspect, my hostility toward Big Pharma is related to my hostility toward Big Gubmint, ObamaCare, etc. Thank goodness I've enjoyed pretty good health over the course of my lifetime... I see some folks clearly being manipulated by the system and given all kinds of Big Pharma cr@p which is totally unnecessary, UGH. That or it's the wrong cr@p in the first place, which leads to complications. NO THANKS, I'LL PASS... and take my chances with Mother Nature, aye? ;)

@joel , thank you!
He has lot of UT vids & a web site, but this is not a mushroom thread, so you can search them.
I have not bought their product, but I am going to get it or something like it.

He has lot of UT vids & a web site, but this is not a mushroom thread, so you can search them.
I have not bought their product, but I am going to get it or something like it.
I realized it is easy to go off topic and I am frequently guilty.

Weedygarden, you are correct, Big Pharma & the healthcare racket are down on weed, CBD, etc., and have been for decades... moi, I'd rather trust a plant found in nature than ANY Big Pharma junk. I like mushrooms too, but I'm leery about foraging for the right kind because those 'Death Caps' are nasty... some folks know what they're doing in the woods (a nod to Peanut here), so it's not an issue, but I'd hate to pull shrooms out of the forest and then die an agonizing death, lol. :oops:

As some might suspect, my hostility toward Big Pharma is related to my hostility toward Big Gubmint, ObamaCare, etc. Thank goodness I've enjoyed pretty good health over the course of my lifetime... I see some folks clearly being manipulated by the system and given all kinds of Big Pharma cr@p which is totally unnecessary, UGH. That or it's the wrong cr@p in the first place, which leads to complications. NO THANKS, I'LL PASS... and take my chances with Mother Nature, aye? ;)
I tried mj when I was young. It is not my thing to get high. As medicine, I am curious and interested. I have taken CBD oil tablets at bed time and I drink CBD beverages in the evening when I am not going out again.
I have never gone on a mushroom foraging trip, but I used to belong to the Colorado Mycological group. Like you, I am too afraid of eating a toxic mushroom. There was a younger man who was so excellent and unassuming as a leader. The group had foraging trips and a fair at Denver Botanical Gardens where mushrooms from foraging were displayed. You could also take mushrooms in and get them identified.
My interest in mushrooms is more along the lines of the medicinal value of the typically illegal psilocybin mushrooms. I'm not talking about taking them and going on some drug trip with them. I am talking about micro-doses that have been found to work much better for mental issues and even people in therapy. I have never tried them, and am leery of all things that are street drugs. There is more research going on about them because they have been decriminalized in a few places.
=================
I have similar hostilities. The bigger a group or company is, the more likely it is to be corrupt, imho. When it comes to politics, I trust no one and I am probably never going to commit to one side or the other. I dislike them equally!

I can’t remember, we may have talked about it in another thread but an inversion table has been the best for me and for hubs. I herniated a disc moving a big patient. Now I do all sorts of back strengthening exercises.
I refuse to get surgery and refuse to see a chiropractor (for the reason @backlash mentioned) have seen vertebral artery dissections from manipulations and it’s basically non survivable.
inversion table is the least invasive and no pills.

Back