My Best Friend's House Remodeling/Repair- Project #4

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question?
Why are you putting all this money and effort into your friend's place?
Don't you talk about how your place is falling down around you?
I would think putting forth the effort and money into your own place would be more important than your friend's place.
Don't you think your mother be better off if you spent the time and effort on fixing up her home than your friend's place.

My friend is the one who bought the lumber, the fireplace, and the plumbing stuff. He also helps me out with our place when he can. He's fixed plumbing, helped me renovate my bathroom, ran the PEX under the house when all our pipes burst. Mom offers to pay for a lot of things for him because she wants to help him out too. She also promised his grandmother that we'd take care of him. It's not like he doesn't reciprocate. He's done a lot of things to help with our electrical and computer stuff.

Plus, I'm overwhelmed when it comes to fixing things up at home. I have zero help from my brother on things and it gets frustrating. I don't even know where to start on my house most of the time. When my friend has the time, he's going to come out and help me get the place cleaned up and get things fixed up, but he doesn't have much free time.

I forgot to mention that my friend let us stay with him when we had to evacuate after a hurricane and he saved Mom's life when she had her dka incident. He got a wheelchair, he helped me clear a path for the wheelchair, he picked Mom up and put her in the wheelchair and followed us to the hospital to help us get her back into a wheelchair to get her inside because no one at the ER acknowledged us or was willing to help when we got there. She was refusing to go to the hospital but he convinced her to go. Our gp said she would have been dead within 24hrs if we hadn't taken her to the ER.

Last edited:
My friend is the one who bought the lumber, the fireplace, and the plumbing stuff. He also helps me out with our place when he can. He's fixed plumbing, helped me renovate my bathroom, ran the PEX under the house when all our pipes burst. Mom offers to pay for a lot of things for him because she wants to help him out too. She also promised his grandmother that we'd take care of him. It's not like he doesn't reciprocate. He's done a lot of things to help with our electrical and computer stuff.

Plus, I'm overwhelmed when it comes to fixing things up at home. I have zero help from my brother on things and it gets frustrating. I don't even know where to start on my house most of the time. When my friend has the time, he's going to come out and help me get the place cleaned up and get things fixed up, but he doesn't have much free time.

I forgot to mention that my friend let us stay with him when we had to evacuate after a hurricane and he saved Mom's life when she had her dka incident. He got a wheelchair, he helped me clear a path for the wheelchair, he picked Mom up and put her in the wheelchair and followed us to the hospital to help us get her back into a wheelchair to get her inside because no one at the ER acknowledged us or was willing to help when we got there. She was refusing to go to the hospital but he convinced her to go. Our gp said she would have been dead within 24hrs if we hadn't taken her to the ER.
I was just wondering.
I was re reading this thread as I do to refresh my memory.
Thank you for replying.

Latest posts

Back