My bicycle

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw these today at a big box store. Something called E-bikes. The first thing I noticed was the $2000 price tag. They must have some kind of electric motor built into the frame or hubs.

The frame is probably carbon fiber, very light but sturdy... Tires were motorcycle size but the rims were light. For a few more $$ you can buy the cart to go with it.

Have no intention of buying one, just found them curious.

View attachment 99333View attachment 99334
Yeah those are the big thing now. I suppose they're for people who are too lazy to pedal their own bike.

I imagine they're great for elderly or people with a disability like COPD where if they get winded they can switch over to the battery, or like Heartbroken does and motor when things start hurting. But 2 grand is a lot for all that...

I didn't pay that much for mine, but it was spendy. I bought it with my savings from not having a commute anymore. Then only downside of not having the commute is I had to give up my YMCA membership. No point in driving an hour to get in the pool. Sort of fitting, I thought, the savings from not commuting (which also meant no Y) going into another way to exercise.
I would highly recommend Retrospec, by the way, for anyone looking at getting an ebike. I bought it at a shop in a neighboring town, and when it quit after the first year, I was able to take it right back, and after trying hard to diagnose it, the shop owner contacted Retrospec to try and get it sorted. They couldn't figure it out either, and shipped me a brand new bike for free. No pro-ration or anything. So paying that extra to work with someone local instead of just buying a cheap one off Amazon made the difference for me.

Hopefully nobody is annoyed from me repeating it, but I bought ancheer 250 w from Amazon in 2019. It's replaced my four wheeler for most all my empty trips around the farm.

Put almost a thousand miles a year on it. Still like new. Albeit, I have a full set of bicycle specialty tools. I keep it clean (mostly), maintain the battery and lubed and tuned.

My only major failure is the battery konk out two years ago. Broken nickel bonding strap. Two hours (mostly browsing YouTube for how to) and $20 and it's been no problem since.

Latest posts

Back