My brother bought me a hip for Christmas.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQJoe

Void where prohibitied
Neighbor
We need a health forum to whine about our owies.

My kid brother, who's quite well off, decided to buy me a new hip!
Surgery will be this Tues morning.

Due to the bureaucratic BS in the healthcare system, I'm no better off than I was 6 months ago.
I think they hope people like me die or blow their brains out first, if they just keep putting us off, so I'm forced to go outside the country.

It's much cheaper than the US in Mexico, and Yeah I know....Mexico. I've heard it all already, but at this point the pain is so awful, I've become desperate.

There's only 3 outcomes that I see:
They fix it
They screw it up
They kill me

Wish me luck!

So sorry about the pain you have been having to deal with. When someone hurts bad enough and long enough they would become desperate for relief too. Just sorry our health care system is dragging its feet and you can't get it done here. My hope and prayer for you is a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Please, however you do it, see that the forum and it's folks have an update. Believe it or not many minds will be on how you're doing.

When I had my knee surgeries, my doc allocated 90 minutes for a knee surgery and 30 minutes for a hip surgery.
That's only the time the surgeon is at the table. That doesn't include the patient prep, initiating anesthesia, the positioning, applying tourniquets, opening up the joint, and the asst surgeon cutting out the old stuff. It also doesn't include the clean-up, waking the patient, etc. Room time (same as patient time is generally 2-2 1/2 hours for a knee and 1 1/2 - 2 hours for a hip.

We need a health forum to whine about our owies.

My kid brother, who's quite well off, decided to buy me a new hip!
Surgery will be this Tues morning.

Due to the bureaucratic BS in the healthcare system, I'm no better off than I was 6 months ago.
I think they hope people like me die or blow their brains out first, if they just keep putting us off, so I'm forced to go outside the country.

It's much cheaper than the US in Mexico, and Yeah I know....Mexico. I've heard it all already, but at this point the pain is so awful, I've become desperate.

There's only 3 outcomes that I see:
They fix it
They screw it up
They kill me

Wish me luck!

I've put you on my prayer list! Good luck and God grant a speedy recovery!

The funny part is, this brother is the one I have never really gotten along with in life.

An act of kindness and generosity does not require a great relationship, only believing in the bond of family or having a sense of benevolence. My Dad and one of his brothers were often at odds and would have periods they would not even speak. But they were always there for one another we needed. As they say, blood is thicker than water.

Latest posts

Back