My brother bought me a hip for Christmas.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know we're all pulling for you Joe, Hang in there. A number of Years ago my Wife had some Surgery done in Mexico, everything went like Clock Work, and the out come was Positive. You're going to be Okay, Prayers coming your way.

We need a health forum to whine about our owies.

My kid brother, who's quite well off, decided to buy me a new hip!
Surgery will be this Tues morning.

Due to the bureaucratic BS in the healthcare system, I'm no better off than I was 6 months ago.
I think they hope people like me die or blow their brains out first, if they just keep putting us off, so I'm forced to go outside the country.

It's much cheaper than the US in Mexico, and Yeah I know....Mexico. I've heard it all already, but at this point the pain is so awful, I've become desperate.

There's only 3 outcomes that I see:
They fix it
They screw it up
They kill me

Wish me luck!
I'll be thinking and saying a prayer for you, docs and speedy return to pain free health! Keep us updated!

I had surgery this morning. I'm able to write this because I didn't die on the table.
Still lots of pain, but I'll have to give it a while before I give this place a review.

You've been on my prayer list ever since your first post. It's great to hear surgery went OK. I'm gonna keep you on my list for a speedy, successful, recovery.

I'm just waiting for the doc to give me the go to test drive this new hip.
I can't stand sitting in this bed much longer.
I'd think they should get you moving pretty quickly now. I think I was up and walking about 4 hours after the surgery. Walking is good for you and your hip! I walked over 1000 feet the first day (which is a lot higher than most but I'm young as hip replacements go) and was up to a mile in a few days.

I think It all depends if your prosthesis is cemented or not.
Mine was not a cement installation.

Running after the Nurses yet?
Or baby steps?

Do as your Therapists tells you! SIL didn't and then with the addition of thunder thighs she's on disability, blaming the Doctors.
They haven't let me walk yet. I have my wife with me so I doubt they'll be any nurse chasing.
Mexico hospitals are pretty cool with letting your spouse stay in the room.
I'm sure for them it free's up the staff.
You know, pillow fluffing and the like.

I'm up and walking with a walker. My only problem now,is that my knee was way worse than it first seemed. When it was operated on some years ago, they left a bunch of bone bits behind. It's gonna have to be worked on as soon as my hip allows.

I'm up and walking with a walker. My only problem now,is that my knee was way worse than it first seemed. When it was operated on some years ago, they left a bunch of bone bits behind. It's gonna have to be worked on as soon as my hip allows.

That's amazing, being up and moving this fast. Modern medicine has come a long way.

An act of kindness and generosity does not require a great relationship, only believing in the bond of family or having a sense of benevolence. My Dad and one of his brothers were often at odds and would have periods they would not even speak. But they were always there for one another we needed. As they say, blood is thicker than water.
I just want to add that this is kind of my brother and live. We don't talk all that often and only see eachother maybe once a year but when he was down on his luck which is most of the time I have been tgere to help him out. I don't hold anything over his head and it is because he is my brother. I gave him a truck last year.

They haven't let me walk yet. I have my wife with me so I doubt they'll be any nurse chasing.
Mexico hospitals are pretty cool with letting your spouse stay in the room.
I'm sure for them it free's up the staff.
You know, pillow fluffing and the like.
Don't forget to grab a liter of tequila while you are there, I believe that is all you are allowed to bring back per person

Happy the surgery went well and you did not die. Surgery is pain free, it is the therapy that is a B1tch. Take it slow and easy adn yes you are going to have to get the knee fixed now. you will become more active after the hip heals and your knee is going to complain, ALOT. Careful sailing ahead.

Will you go back to Mexico for the knee surgery too? Sending happy and healing thoughts.

When you get to physical therapy, be careful with some of the exercises they'll be giving you as they may hurt your knee. I didn't notice it when doing the exercises but my knee hurt so bad a few hours later, I could barely walk due to knee pain. As I recall, it was exercises related to bending the knee with weights on your ankle.

Latest posts

Back