My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for letting us know how you are. Of course all of our prayers will continue for you. I’m sorry you are so alone on this journey.
I realize we live tens of thousands of miles away but the good news is there are people on this board that are praying for you round the clock because of the time differences!

Just had the consult with the hospital oncologist..not the death panel oncologists in Brisbane.
I will have a staging CT scan tomorrow morning and targeted radiation tommorow afternoon.
At the moment they are saying 5 days of radiation.
They won't be targetting the bone met. Not happy about that but VERY grateful for the targeted radiation to kill the bleeds.

I know a lot of people here feel helpless because they are so far away.
Please don't.
Your prayers ARE POWERFUL.
They are the things that tip the scales and help keep me alive.

Today is a day of profound gratitude.

Overall, I hope you are satisfied with what they are doing and telling you, the next steps to be taken. This is unfolding differently than what you had imagined, I'm sure. I'm glad you were able to get the help you needed. We never know how things will work out when we leave it in His Hands. God bless you. Keep showing us His miracles.

I had staging CT scan yesterday and got my three leveling tattoos.

I spoke on the phone with the Landsharks foster carer and she refused to eat for the first three days but is now starting.
The have 2 6 month old pups and so she has playmates. Destructo dog isn't allowed inside and that's for the best.

I have my first radiation today.
Apparently I'm in for 3 weeks of targeted radiation not just 5 days.

They are looking after me like I'm gold here at the hospital and I'm only allowed out of bed to walk supervised in case I start hemmoraging again.

Every sunrise is a miracle. Every night survived is a blessing.

Please know your prayers and support have made a different and our God is a awesome merciful God.

Thank you.

I got my first dose of radiation late yesterday afternoon and another early this morning.
Satan's fetus got cooked.
Things are pretty rough but if it's bad for me it'd be hell for the lesion.
It's very hard to find a comfortable position and I am trying to use the pain killers sparingly.
I have a 4 day break from the radiation because of the Easter holidays but we'll be back at it Tuesday

I get a fierce Savage joy bring the fight to Satan.
I've been knocked down but now it's time to stand up, rub some dirt on it and continue the battle now equipped with a new weapon.

Once again thank you so much for all of your prayers.
Calling on the ultimate warrior to help you push back the darkness really helps your head space.

I got my first dose of radiation late yesterday afternoon and another early this morning.
It's very hard to find a comfortable position and I am trying to use the pain killers sparingly.
I have a 4 day break from the radiation because of the Easter holidays but we'll be back at it Tuesday

I've been knocked down but now it's time to stand up, rub some dirt on it and continue the battle now equipped with a new weapon.

Calling on the ultimate warrior to help you push back the darkness really helps your head space.

We call that tenacity. ,,😍

Go girl.

Jim

A song for you ~ A beautiful song for a beautiful soul. (I love their harmony.)

WOW!!

Have I a story to tell!

The ObyGyn registrar discharged me from the hospital because they needed the beds because apparently, over this long Easter weekend there a vast car show on where all the meat heads and hoons ( Aussie slag for meatheat who does illlegal street racing, burnouts at intersections etc) is happening ove rthe 4 days of the holidays. There's a massiveparty, lots of drinking and over doses...so over the 4 days there'll be a massive cocktail of drunk methed up revve heads and souped cars. What could possibly go wrong / sarc.
Small wonder they were kicking people out of hospital beds.

Their answer to getting me home after kicking me out of hospital was to write me a blank taxi voucher.
Now home is over 2 hours approx drive away.
That taxi voucher cost $390 AUD!!

It seems that there is NO emergency accommodation or any accommodation at all in any form in town for me to be moved into for 3 weeks for my radiation therapy.

So when Tuesday comes around I get in my car and drive all the way myself to get radiation therapy and then drive all the way back home and I do that every week day for 3 weeks.

All I can think is thank goodness I have had two treatments already because that road is in shocking ruinous shape - extremely rough and it's hard to believe it's a national hiway! Oh and there next to no cell coverage on that hi-way. Awesome!

The net positive that can take away from this is that I got my radiation therapy.
And I paid for it literally, with blood and tears and I will continue to have to pay but what is my life worth?
Of course I'll be driving to receive the treatment.
If this is what it takes to survive then this is what it takes.

So @Tank-Girl , there aren’t any hotel rooms available in town, even after the rally?

We have to see but the manager at the emergency accommodation said they simply didn't have a room available for the whole 3 weeks.
I spoke to her myself.
I'm not holding my breath considering how things have gone down.

We have to see but the manager at the emergency accommodation said they simply didn't have a room available for the whole 3 weeks.
I spoke to her myself.
I'm not holding my breath considering how things have gone down.
Even if you can't get a room for all 3 weeks, get signed up for as many nights as possible. Even moving multiple times beats 20 hours a week of driving.

Latest posts

Back