My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are stronger than you know. May God continue to bless and strengthen you. We love you, @Tank-Girl ! Praying for your continuing healing. There are so few who would tackle these problems as you have, and adding divine assistance...praying the angels continue to minister to you.
Yes and Amen Sister.
Thank you!

I'm having good days and rough days.

In fact I'm having rough hours mixed in with good in the same day.
After a good patch yesterday was head kicker AND I ran out of internet data on my phone - I use my mobile as a wifi hotspot for my laptop.
I had zero interest in being on the internet when I'm stuck on the loo or in bed.
But I'm back up, internet recharged.

Praise God.

I'm having good days and rough days.

In fact I'm having rough hours mixed in with good in the same day.
After a good patch yesterday was head kicker AND I ran out of internet data on my phone - I use my mobile as a wifi hotspot for my laptop.
I had zero interest in being on the internet when I'm stuck on the loo or in bed.
But I'm back up, internet recharged.

Praise God.
Praise God for the good!! 👍♥️

Well, I think I found a morning/ afternoon hot beverage that tastes good.

Decaf coffee + sugar free drinking cocoa + brown "sugar" stevia and I found a brand of unsweetened almond milk that doesn't have a lot of rubbish in it that tastes ok.
So I am making a mocha coffee and the brown "sugar" stevia tastes like caramel.
I also stir in a spoonful of dissolvable soluble fibre.

I made Quorn with mushroom gravy over steamed sweet potatoes for dinner.
YUCK.
I can tolerate the taste of the Quorn.
It's a huge shame because the mushroom gravy tasted really good before I added the Quorn.
I guess there isn't any fooling dedicated meat eater taste buds.

At least I like the refried beans and rice burritos.

The Lawn guy and I have come to an arrangement that he comes and mows my front lawn every fortnight for $50!
WOW! How could I say no to that?
He is doing the mowing on my pension week of the fortnight so I'm happy about that.
He will send me an invoice via e-mail and I can transfer his fee via bank transfer.
He's worried about making me sick so he wants to keep the face to face interactions to a minimum.
This is the same guy who mowed my front jungle for nothing before Christmas.
Having my front lawn mowed each fortnight will keep the Karens off my back and their complaints to the council that my grass is too long.

The Lawn guy and I have come to an arrangement that he comes and mows my front lawn every fortnight for $50!
WOW! How could I say no to that?
He is doing the mowing on my pension week of the fortnight so I'm happy about that.
He will send me an invoice via e-mail and I can transfer his fee via bank transfer.
He's worried about making me sick so he wants to keep the face to face interactions to a minimum.
This is the same guy who mowed my front jungle for nothing before Christmas.
Having my front lawn mowed each fortnight will keep the Karens off my back and their complaints to the council that my grass is too long.
Nice people help things work out!!

There are a lot of expressions like fortnight that are still used - rather commonly in the English speaking world.

Last night and this morning was rough.

Normally I like to only take paracetamol + codeine tablets at night but this morning I was pretty much driven to take them this morning as well.
The trouble is most scripted pain killers have a limit on the amount of tablets/ caps that can be put on a script by law.
I've been trying very hard to ration them out but this morning all bets were off and that has put a spanner in the works of my planning.
It costs me $109 to see the doctor to get the script and I get a $30 medicare refund.
Thankfully the pain killers are on the list of gov subsidised medications for pensioners.
The script normally costs me $15 for 20 tabs - the most that is allowed to be scripted.

My lymphodema has spread from my right groin to my right buttock.
I need to organise getting to the local heated therapy pool so I can do excerises while supported.
The pain is pretty bad and it has reduced the range of movement of my right leg.

Sorry to hear about the increase in pain Tank.:(

Just a thought......is there a Hospice program that you could contact? With your diagnosis, perhaps they could help you out with more pain meds, shopping, transportation, etc. and allievating some of the cost to you. Contacting them is not submission to the disease. You have the Lord on your side and HE makes miracles happen. You know that and that's all that matters. I don't know how things work in your neck of the woods with programs like that, but I just thought I'd mention it in case it might help you.

Had bad temp spikes all last night and I'm nauseous today.

It's a battle to keep meds down.
I'm trying to eat because I need the strength.
I can't go to bed because I have a very important medication delivery arriving this afternoon which needs to be signed for.
Thank goodness I ALWAYS pay extra for express postage which comes by air rather than the cheaper flat rate which comes by road.

Are you still doing the water therapy?
Glad you are finding relief

I haven't gotten there yet because of the flooding.
We are banned from driving through flood waters even if it seems shallow by law and you get huge fines if caught.
The gov ad's on TV say "If it's flooded, forget it".
Quite rightly to because even shallow flood waters can hide huge washouts and then emergency crews have to risk their lives to rescue people who thought they knew better.

I haven't gotten there yet because of the flooding.
We are banned from driving through flood waters even if it seems shallow by law and you get huge fines if caught.
The gov ad's on TV say "If it's flooded, forget it".
Quite rightly to because even shallow flood waters can hide huge washouts and then emergency crews have to risk their lives to rescue people who thought they knew better.
The saying around here is Turn around, Dont drown. And yes they are right. Even after water goes down the roads can be under cut and it not show without inspection

Latest posts

Back