My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit I don't know much about the mechanics of chemo and it's delivery. Since the cardiologists don't want to block their access to the elbow area, is it possible to use your knee area?

I'll be keeping on the prayers for you Tank-Girl. Don't forget to laugh, alot. It releases your body's naturally made interferon. I know that is geared toward fighting viruses but laughing feels good and the added protection doesn't hurt either.
You can start IV's in the legs but there is an increased chance of phlebitis in the legs and we don't want that. With those drugs there is a higher risk of phlebitis anyway, I think.

Huge day today!
Blood tests, the special veins team coming to put in the deep canular and then the rest of the first chemo treatment.
Last night all I could dream of was Mongolian beef noodles with extra chili!!!
I think my body is telling me that I'm low on iron / hemoglobin.
Just as well Uber eats runs to this hospital and I found several Asian restaurants that have excellent reviews.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Bloods drawn successfully and the special veins team have done their awesome work.
Just A huge privilege to watch these professionals work and to be worked on by them.
Not a single bit of pain.
I didn't even feel a scratch of the canular going in and trust me there is a LOT of metal in my veins atm.
Not a single blow out.
One attempt made and success.

Now we wait for the rest of the chemo to be administered and see if it blows out.
None the less they are strongly recommending that I get the Port installed at the earliest possible time.
I have very few veins available in my upper arms and none that are suitable in my lower arms.

Once again I am highly impressed and grateful for the professional staff who made this process as trauma free as possible.

Tank, I am continually impressed by your understanding of all that is happening. You did so much research, you can make informed decisions and understand the treatments suggested. The laughter thing is real.
🤗 Not sure if this will show like on my forum. If the hands are yellow, then it’s the one I’m talking about. You might not have noticed but I don’t use this emoji. I think it looks like the Gma in “16 candles” when she feels up Molly Ringwald. There’s not been anyone I’ve ever wanted to send a “feeling up” emoji to so there you have it. Every time someone sends you a hug, you’ll think of that. 😂. You’re welcome 🤪

None the less they are strongly recommending that I get the Port installed at the earliest possible time.
I agree! I know only what you share here, but I would think that a port would be a 'must' in your situation, especially considering your heart issues and your need for (likely) long standing IV infusions.

The rest of the chemo was uneventful.
The deep canular did marvelous work.
They have since given me a PICC line because apparently the deep canular is only for 4 day access.
I am on an emergency high priority list for a port which may happen in the next few days.
I am also getting first radiation treatment this afternoon even though I haven't heard anything about it since now.
My bowel isn't empty and bladder isn't full for treatment.
Looks like I'm in for a long night.

Pick up one grain of sand from the middle of a desert. That one grain of sand represents our time in this world. All the other grains of sand around and below in that desert represents the BEGINNING of our eternity.

Yes our troubles and tribulations in this world are not pleasant but compared to eternity they last less then a blink of an eye.

And if a person has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior then the Joys of their Eternity will cause them to forget all their pains and sufferings from this world.

The rest of the chemo was uneventful.
The deep canular did marvelous work.
They have since given me a PICC line because apparently the deep canular is only for 4 day access.
I am on an emergency high priority list for a port which may happen in the next few days.
I am also getting first radiation treatment this afternoon even though I haven't heard anything about it since now.
My bowel isn't empty and bladder isn't full for treatment.
Looks like I'm in for a long night.
Prayers for rest and successful treatment and as always death to the parasite!

Radiation treatment was uneventful.
Apparently they didn't need for my bladder to be full and my bowels to be empty for these treatments.
That makes life simpler.
The chemo reflux was a head kicker and I am having to watch what I eat and take antiacid meds.
Seems like they have that now sorted.
At the moment I am paid free and it is blissful!
I'm. So grateful.

Radiation treatment was uneventful.
Apparently they didn't need for my bladder to be full and my bowels to be empty for these treatments.
That makes life simpler.
The chemo reflux was a head kicker and I am having to watch what I eat and take antiacid meds.
Seems like they have that now sorted.
At the moment I am paid free and it is blissful!
I'm. So grateful.
Relax and let them take care of you.

They believe that they have a partial resolution to the bowel blockage and while they have removed a alot of material from the top of the bowel and the stomach they still have the nasal gastric tube in place.
They are are allowing me to have strict clear fluids only orally.
This is extremely painful.
Quite a large tube has been inserted into my left nostril, down my nose, throat and deep down into my stomach.
They pump contents out every 4 hours with a giant pressutized syringe.
It's enough to turn your stomach.
Rotten swmp green and I am very grateful I can't smell it.
I'm still on IV fluids and I'm allowed to walk.

I got another radiation treatment last night at 8.30 and that was uneventful.

When I got back to the ward I got told I would be getting my port installed today.
We will have to see.
There have been so many rapid changes that the best way to know for certain if something is happen is when the wardsmen turn up with a mobile bed or a wheelchair and can and collect you.

All and all things could be a lot worse even bad as things seem.

God is still allowing those wins to shine though and I acknowledge them and I am profoundly grateful for his loving generous kindness.

Latest posts

Back