My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's nuts they would take a room from a cancer patient for a potential self-inflicted idiot pandemic. I know I've had luck when traveling around crowded events using Air B&B type sites, where individuals rent out room or apartments. They are often cheaper and nicer than hotels. You could also see if there's sublets on any apartments nearby - might be cheaper than gas these days :/

We'll add safe travels to the prayers - that much driving during treatments sounds like quite a challenge. Lucky thing you're tough!

A new beautiful day here in Australia this morning.

I have come to terms with the drive every day.
It is what it is, and now I've decided to view it as my job for the next 3 weeks.
My job is to drive to get treatment and drive home.
Also I remembered that you can, as a pensioner, get small interest free loans though the goverment's on-line pensioner portal.
I've already been pre-approved for $1000!
No having to jump though hoops and having to deal with government pencil neck types.
Repayments are small and are deducted every pension without me having to do anything.

It's a HUGE relief to have access to this money if I need it to pay for fuel and other expenses.

I've already mowed the front lawn and I plan on giving the car a service and a wash.

I ask that that the prayer chain ask God that my small aged car to be his gentle loving hands to carry me to the treatment HE provided for me.

Other than that I'm back on the Protocol with a vengence and still doing my research.
I think I may have found something exciting that make be another awesome weapon that I can use in this war.
If what I'm reading in various medical journals is true this will make a huge difference.
The substance in question is called 3.3 diindolylmethane.
I was looking for something that-

Inhibited angiogenesis. Angiogenesis plays a critical role in the growth of cancer because solid tumors need a blood supply if they are to grow beyond a few millimeters in size. Tumors can actually cause this blood supply to form by giving off chemical signals that stimulate angiogenesis. This is the reason why I'm getting the bleeds. Diindolylmethane down regulates the cancer lesion's ability to build and create it's own blood supply. Which, is HUGE and vital.

I really needed something that was going to back up and reinforce the epic work the directed radiation is doing.
Also I'm on radiation for 3 weeks and so there needs to be something to step into the gap when it finishes.

That being said I have had to go through all my sups and do a huge amount of research about which thin the blood and get in the way of clotting.
The result was VERY surprsing.
I've had to drop the following sups because of their blood thinning properties.
Vit C.
Vit B.
Vit E oil.
Curcumin.
Fish oil.
Shark Liver oil.

While things are this fragile with the bleeds I'll stop taking them and I'm start to slowly add them back when things get more stable.

Thankfully Resveratrol doesn't thin the blood so it has been kept and I'm taking Bioperine capsules with it to help bio-availability.

On your list of vitamins with blood thinning properties check out vitamin K. All the people I know that are on blood thinners have to watch their green vegetables due to Vitamin K as it can make their INR numbers go up and down due to thinning the blood.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some fall back funds, for just in case.

A new beautiful day here in Australia this morning.

I have come to terms with the drive every day.
It is what it is, and now I've decided to view it as my job for the next 3 weeks.
My job is to drive to get treatment and drive home.
Also I remembered that you can, as a pensioner, get small interest free loans though the goverment's on-line pensioner portal.
I've already been pre-approved for $1000!
No having to jump though hoops and having to deal with government pencil neck types.
Repayments are small and are deducted every pension without me having to do anything.

It's a HUGE relief to have access to this money if I need it to pay for fuel and other expenses.

I've already mowed the front lawn and I plan on giving the car a service and a wash.

I ask that that the prayer chain ask God that my small aged car to be his gentle loving hands to carry me to the treatment HE provided for me.

Other than that I'm back on the Protocol with a vengence and still doing my research.
I think I may have found something exciting that make be another awesome weapon that I can use in this war.
If what I'm reading in various medical journals is true this will make a huge difference.
The substance in question is called 3.3 diindolylmethane.
I was looking for something that-

Inhibited angiogenesis. Angiogenesis plays a critical role in the growth of cancer because solid tumors need a blood supply if they are to grow beyond a few millimeters in size. Tumors can actually cause this blood supply to form by giving off chemical signals that stimulate angiogenesis. This is the reason why I'm getting the bleeds. Diindolylmethane down regulates the cancer lesion's ability to build and create it's own blood supply. Which, is HUGE and vital.

I really needed something that was going to back up and reinforce the epic work the directed radiation is doing.
Also I'm on radiation for 3 weeks and so there needs to be something to step into the gap when it finishes.

That being said I have had to go through all my sups and do a huge amount of research about which thin the blood and get in the way of clotting.
The result was VERY surprsing.
I've had to drop the following sups because of their blood thinning properties.
Vit C.
Vit B.
Vit E oil.
Curcumin.
Fish oil.
Shark Liver oil.

While things are this fragile with the bleeds I'll stop taking them and I'm start to slowly add them back when things get more stable.

Thankfully Resveratrol doesn't thin the blood so it has been kept and I'm taking Bioperine capsules with it to help bio-availability.
Resveratrol makes cancer cells kill themselves!!

On your list of vitamins with blood thinning properties check out vitamin K. All the people I know that are on blood thinners have to watch their green vegetables due to Vitamin K as it can make their INR numbers go up and down due to thinning the blood.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some fall back funds, for just in case.
I think vitamin K causes clotting!!?

Psalm 23
King James Version

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

may YHWH watch over you as you travel this asphalt path back and forth getting treatments !!

Just about to hit the road.

Please pray for me during this trip.
May God Almighty smooth the way and remove all obstacals.
May God Almighty hold my small aged car together to and from the appointments.

I ask this in Jesus's Holy and matchless name.
Amen.
Prayers for s safe trip and for much success

Time for an over due update!

WOW..more hectic times!

I proved my commitment to treatments and the faith that was put in me by driving up to appointments and back.
What I didn't realize and you don't truly know until you experience it yourself is just how much the radiation treatments completely level your strength and energy levels...and the deep burning pain that is associated with it.
I know know how a piece of chicken breast feels like in the microwave.
I got to my appointment with plenty of time to spare.
I got my treatment and got back in the car and started to drive home.
I was in a LOT of pain and dangerously exhusted.
The only way I got home was because the hand of God was on me.
Between my town and the town where I get the radiation treatment is one of my State's worst blackspots.
A blackspot is a place that is recognized as a place where traffic accidents and loss of life happens a lot.
As I was driving thought this blackspot I had to pass a horrific 2 car accident with first responders diverting traffic around it.
That could have been me.

I got home weeping but safe.
Woke up the next morning still exhausted and and in pain and said..'Lord..I can't do this again!
I'll ring up and cancel my appointment until some accomidation can be found.'
And you know what...God poured out a portion of grace and strength and he told me to pack up my bags and to get in the car!
How can I argue with that?
God is the ONLY reason why my poor beat up car made the trip.
God is the only reason why I was able to make the trip.

When I got to town with a lot of time to spare I knocked on the door of the Red Cross Emergency accomidation and you know what????
They had a room available.....for the WHOLE 3 weeks!
What's more I have zero out of pocket expenses because Cancer Care Australia is paying the entire bill.
Genesis Care gave me a free parking voucher to cover the whole 3 weeks so I have somewhere to park my car right next to the facility so I won't get a parking ticket.

Every time Satan tries to spoil things, and I step out in faith God pours out his blessings and increases me.

Incredible.

What's even better is the emergency accomidation is just across the road from the oncology radiation facility so I don't even have to drive!

The Landshark is still with her foster mum AND she is getting some obedience training. LOL. They are very much accustomed to dealing with pigheaded pitbulls. They won't let her in the house and I think that is wise.
Poultry and mail are being taken care of by the good neighbours.

All this is a HUGE weight off my shoulders and though things are pretty rough - pain and sleep wise I am beyond grateful to not only my wonderful, awesome and gracious God but the community - RL and on-line that have stepped up to support me.

@Tank-Girl My faith is deep but your beautiful witnessing to what God is doing in your life at such a difficult time makes my faith even stronger. Thank you so much for posting but don’t ever feel like you have to.

If you’re exhausted & can’t post, we will still pray for you; if you want to talk to us, we’re here.
Lord Jesus, please hear my prayer for Tank girl. Ease her pain, give her rest and grant her healing.
Jesus I trust in you.

Last edited:
Why do I hear "eye of the tiger" going through my mind?
Even when you are beat down and burning you have the faith and strength to keep going!
You have what you need to beat this. If you need something, even something that will bring a smile to your face let me know. Please.

Back