My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers inbound and continuing eversomuch moreso.” An old story used that phrase when I was a child.
So effective hearing my Mom read the fairytale or whatever the story was with that phrase on almost every page used continuously was so calming.
I pray God will hold you in the palm of His hand and give you calm tonight❤️

Last edited:
I have been transferred to the small hospital in my small town.
I will not be getting a port because the filthy chemo has left me too frail to get one.
My whole throat from mouth to stomach is utterly raw to the point I'm having trouble with drinking water let alone tablets and more importantly FOOD!
Milanta tablets seem to be the only tiny bit of relief I can get.

Im thinking being declined the Port has been a blessing in disguise because I no longer want to have any more chemo.
I tried it,..and it has and continues to be a source of pain and suffering.

The radiation did it's job and now we wait for the next few months to see what the sting in the tail will be.

Filthy bloody chemo.
I should have listened to my gut and that still small quiet voice that said it was a bad idea.

Now my poor body has to repair the damage it has done, fight cancer all with a damaged immune system when I can hardly eat.
I was hoping all along that you didn't do chemo! Will be praying hard you recover from that poison my dear!♥️♥️

sorry to hear of the hair loss...it will grow back. get yaself a pretty paisley head covering till then !

prayers for faster healing and quicker hair growth !

The chemo is still kicking my butt.
I'm losing hair by the handful.
So upsetting.
I'm almost 60 years ahead of you on that one. I started loosing my hair in high school. Never bothered me. There are a number of old wives tales about early hair loss, I was on the bad side of everyone of them. It actually worked out well, I bought all the booze for the crew. Mine isn't growing back. I'd suggest cutting it short so there is less pressure on the roots with brushing etc.

Love and prayers heading your way. I was just looking at a map and realized that I'm about as far away from you as I can get, yet my prayers get to God as fast as those of your neighbours do.

Last edited:
The chemo is still kicking my butt.
I'm losing hair by the handful.
So upsetting.
I hope this puts a smile on your face T. It’s a story about perspective I once heard:
One morning a gal went to do her hair and discovered she only had 3 hairs left on her head. Hmm half up and half down. The next day she went to do her hair and saw she only had 2 hairs left- hmm, pigtails. The next day she woke up with only 1 hair on her head- a ponytail. And the next day she woke up and had no hair left- “whew! Thank God. I don’t have to do my hair today.” 😍.
He is greater than this and if it’s what it takes for your system to heal, so be it. We see the beauty in your soul 💕. Adorn yourself with that luxurious silk. I hear it usually grows back thicker so you have that to look forward to.
🙏

The chemo has burnt my throat right down to the stomach.
Every swallow is a sword stab in the middle of the chest right through to my spine radiating across to my shoulder blades.
I can't even drink water and I am currently on ice chips to stay hydrated until they get me on IV fluids.
Eating and taking tablets is out of the question.
Yes things have taken a turn for the worse.

The chemo has burnt my throat right down to the stomach.
Every swallow is a sword stab in the middle of the chest right through to my spine radiating across to my shoulder blades.
I can't even drink water and I am currently on ice chips to stay hydrated until they get me on IV fluids.
Eating and taking tablets is out of the question.
Yes things have taken a turn for the worse.
You still have prayer warriors girl. You hang in there. You are 😍 loved so much here.

Ecclesiaticus(book of sirach) 38.1-14

Concerning Physicians and Health​

38 Honor the physician with the honor due him,[a] according to your need of him,
for the Lord created him;
2 for healing comes from the Most High,
and he will receive a gift from the king.
3 The skill of the physician lifts up his head,
and in the presence of great men he is admired.
4 The Lord created medicines from the earth,
and a sensible man will not despise them.
5 Was not water made sweet with a tree
in order that his[b] power might be known?
6 And he gave skill to men
that he[c] might be glorified in his marvelous works.
7 By them he heals and takes away pain;
8 the pharmacist makes of them a compound.
His works will never be finished;
and from him health[d] is upon the face of the earth.

9 My son, when you are sick do not be negligent,
but pray to the Lord, and he will heal you.
10 Give up your faults and direct your hands aright,
and cleanse your heart from all sin.
11 Offer a sweet-smelling sacrifice, and a memorial portion of fine flour,
and pour oil on your offering, as much as you can afford.[e]
12 And give the physician his place, for the Lord created him;
let him not leave you, for there is need of him.
13 There is a time when success lies in the hands of physicians,[f]
14 for they too will pray to the Lord
that he should grant them success in diagnosis[g]
and in healing, for the sake of preserving life.

Praise report.

I've taken a turn for the better.
Throat and swallow reflex is much better and they are not contemplating giving me another nasal gastric tube to give me nutrition.
I'm still on IV meds so we don't make things worse but I actually managed to eat something with almost no pain!!!
Astonishing considering that 2 days ago doing that would have had me rolling in a ball crying.
They have me booked in for an endoscopy in the next few days to see what is going on but I'm not sure.
I really don't want to stir my throat up when it's healing.
I've already had enough pain.
I've just weighed myself and I am grossly underweight.
48.9kgs.. . I don't know what that is in pounds.

107.8 pounds...wow...you will get some of it back now that you can eat a bit. take it slow and steady. you are in good hands now.

praise YHWH ! you can eat something and it didnt cause you pain.

Praise report.

I've taken a turn for the better.
Throat and swallow reflex is much better and they are not contemplating giving me another nasal gastric tube to give me nutrition.
I'm still on IV meds so we don't make things worse but I actually managed to eat something with almost no pain!!!
Astonishing considering that 2 days ago doing that would have had me rolling in a ball crying.
They have me booked in for an endoscopy in the next few days to see what is going on but I'm not sure.
I really don't want to stir my throat up when it's healing.
I've already had enough pain.
I've just weighed myself and I am grossly underweight.
48.9kgs.. . I don't know what that is in pounds.
I so love the praise report! 107.8 lbs is a concern for me. You really need to get the weight back up. I have no idea how tall you are but that is under weight for most adults.

Latest posts

Back