My current crocheting project/s

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I found this pattern on an Annie's crafts flyer and then checked their site until I could find it. It is called Ellie Roo and is a Mandela pattern.

1626030843745.png

Here's what it should end up as:

1626030885964.png

So I ordered the pattern and the same yarns. It's actually only two variegated yarns. And what is extra neat is that you don't cut and tie join when changing colors. The yarns alternate being held by a stitch marker (like a little safety pin).

Here is the one I'm doing with the same yarn, so far:

1626031111884.png

and since I'm very curious, I had to try with some other yarn around the house. So, I'm doing 2 at once.

1626031260892.png

I must say this is a high beginner or intermediate pattern. I only say that as a couple of places I had to think and look at the pattern to get the changing.
Once you get past the center you are repeating 9 rows until it's as big as you want, then I'll be putting their edging pattern on it.

This #3 size yarn (baby weight) and a size H (5.0) crochet hook.

Well you'd be the one to teach tatting, at this point I have no idea what you're saying. :)
Anyway, some really pretty items can be made by hand and you do beautiful work.
My creative bug is bugging me to make something....
Do you have any photos of anything you've made with tatting? (Sorry for thread derailment)

I have tatted with the small thread before. But haven't done much lately. I only do a shuttle tatting. I have a book and needles around here to learn needle tatting. But my tatting round tuit is lost.
I only know how to needle tat. When I try to use a shuttle, I make some impressive knots 😂

Angie, very pretty! I am envious of people who can crochet like that. I can't crochet to save my life. It all comes out like a tangled mess. Guess I'll stick to my quilting!
I can’t quilt. I’m too impatient and my quilt would be a lopsided mess. I’ll bet your quilts are beautiful.

I can’t quilt. I’m too impatient and my quilt would be a lopsided mess. I’ll bet your quilts are beautiful.
Practice, practice.
No one is an expert quilter to start with.
Takes time, patience,practice, seam ripper,ruler,fabric.
Start by making potholders, hot pads then work your way up to quilts.

Practice, practice.
No one is an expert quilter to start with.
Takes time, patience,practice, seam ripper,ruler,fabric.
Start by making potholders, hot pads then work your way up to quilts.
Your photo attachment did not show up. Can you try again?
I saw some Entrelac photos elsewhere, very cool looking!
@winds-of-change that all sounds quite useful and creative. Would love to see an example of what you've made.

Latest posts

Back