My favorite Classic Movies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Egg & I
Cheaper by the Dozen
Mine,Yours & Ours
Sound of Music
Any of the Ma & Pa Kettle movies
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Yes, I've seen the original Stargate! Watched all of the original series as they created too.
Most movies about the Civil War and Gettysburg too.
The Perfect Storm
World War Z and I don't even like Zombie movies
I realize these are not the REAL classics, but if you're looking for ideas...

Loved the original Stargate. I've watched every Stargate episode, too.

Yes, I've seen the original Stargate! Watched all of the original series as they created too.

I saw the movie but didn't start watching the series until season 4 or 5. A series doesn't very often live up to the true theme of the movie so I didn't bother. I was in my office one night doing paperwork and decided to have a look. Ended up getting hooked on it. I even went so far as to start buying them. I have seasons 1-8. :)

One who flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Uncle buck.
Im spacing right now, i will add more later.

I love movies. So much so I put in a home theater when we bought and remodeled our home. All of my movies are digitized and stored on redundant hard drives in a HTPC. We started with a 96" white screen and 720P DLP projector, but it now has a 106" grey-scale screen and a 1080p 3LCD projector. The original 5.11 DD sound system has also been upgraded to 7.1 THX. And of course we have a legit popcorn popper. No one wants to watch a flick without popcorn! My wife still considers this room to be an indulgence, but it has paid for itself several times over in our not buying movie tickets and being able to pause when someone needs to go to the restroom. Plus of course the room also allows for watching sports, videos of recitals and concerts, etc.

View attachment 1282
Holy crap! That is awesome!

i love the green mile, mcclintock . christmas movies has got to be rudolph and anything with santa in it.

Holy crap! That is awesome!

Thanks. People tend to think it was expensive to do, but when we first put it together the projector, screen and sounds system cost less together than Sony or Panasonic wanted for a 60" television, which was my fist plan. The entire room was paid for with overtime and side jobs. Nowadays we call it the "family room" and so imagine that pic without lamps and a lot more toys and bean bag chairs.

Back to movies:

I like Sci Fi stuff - Star Wars, Star Trek, Matrix, Mad Max, Planet of the Apes, 2010, Close Encounters, 28 Days, Resident Evil, and most of the newer Marvel stuff.

I also like movies like stuff from Tom Clancy and most Mel Gibson movies; Braveheart, The Patriot, Hacksaw Ridge, Payback, Lethal Weapon and so on.

Latest posts

Back