My first book just got published!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPrepper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Please forgive my unabashedly excited post, but my first book went live on Amazon Kindle today! I am beyond excited to finally see it come to life!

book cover.png

As promised, I am attaching the first three chapters..... I hope some of you will be kind enough to read and give me feedback! I'm a novice at this so I especially hope some of you experienced folks can offer some of your wisdom!
:woo hoo:

Attachments

• sample.pdf
    219.9 KB · Views: 152
Please forgive my unabashedly excited post, but my first book went live on Amazon Kindle today! I am beyond excited to finally see it come to life!

View attachment 6439

As promised, I am attaching the first three chapters..... I hope some of you will be kind enough to read and give me feedback! I'm a novice at this so I especially hope some of you experienced folks can offer some of your wisdom!
:woo hoo:
I enjoyed your book sample.
Kept my attention from start to finish.
Thanks for sharing.

Have you published in print also? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I much prefer using Createspace for print rather than Kindle-print though I have used both. I am reading a little of your this morning but I have a full day planned so mostly it will have to wait.

Have you published in print also? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I much prefer using Createspace for print rather than Kindle-print though I have used both. I am reading a little of your this morning but I have a full day planned so mostly it will have to wait.

I am working on formatting for the paperback version, and hope to have that done by Saturday morning. (I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon!! :) ) I have not yet looked at Createspace, but I will. I do have a couple of questions, but I will PM them to you later on. Thank you!

I will buy it, read it next and leave a good review! Congratulations! I've tried to sit down and write several times and as much as I love to read writing seems beyond me at this point in my life. Mad respect for folks that can pull it together and actually complete a book :)

One hurdle for every new author is getting reviews on their books, that is why many authors give their books away on Kindle, just to get reviews. For everyone here that buys the Doc's book I urge you to please do a review when you are done reading it. An honest review is always the best because it helps the author make future changes if some are needed.
When I finish your book Doc I'll make a mention of it on my author facebook page and my Kindle author page. I have a good following and that should give you a boost. I have to finish reading it first so I can talk honestly about it. I have liked what I have read so far. I did find a few grammar errors but not bad at all and better than mine.

Finished your book! I liked it and left a good review for you. A little too optimistic to be real but that is what readers want to read so it should do well for you.

Thank you kindly! Book 2 is turning out a bit darker so far, less optimistic. We'll see where that goes! Thank you for the review!!

Wow, Dr. Prepper! Color me impressed. I just finished reading your prologue (in Amazon's "look inside" sample), and it moved me so much that I will be ordering your book soon. I figure if your book is half as good as the prologue, the book will be a winner.

Hattip to you, dear. You are an amazing lady and your sons are fortunate to have you as their guiding light while growing up, just as you were fortunate to have such wonderful parents and grandparents to guide you through a senseless world.

Latest posts

Back