My first book just got published!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats @DrPrepper I liked the sample. I don't have a kindle so... Besides with my cataracts I can barely read the forum on a 23 inch screen! ;)

I don't have Kindle either, so I downloaded a free app from Amazon so that I can read any ebook from Amazon on any device (computer, Chromebook, etc.). I have been using it for the past few years to read hundreds of free books on Amazon's Kindle Unlimited (well, almost free: I pay $10 month for the privilege which is worth every penny).

The Kindle app is located between the price and the book description, and is within the link that says "Read with our free app." Once you download it, you can use it to read any ebook from Amazon. It works beautifully. Bonus: you can enlarge the font size of any book to any size you want. It is a wonderful way for the vision impaired to read books!

You can see the app here, in the location that I described. It is also located just under the picture of the book sample, and says, "Read on any device. Get free Kindle app."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMPP1YT/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, Dr. Prepper... your avatar made me laugh. I can just about hear the "snap" of those rubber gloves as you pull them on...

It also made me glad I am not in the same room with you! lol :eyeballs:

Hattip to you, dear. You are an amazing lady and your sons are fortunate to have you as their guiding light while growing up, just as you were fortunate to have such wonderful parents and grandparents to guide you through a senseless world.

Thank you, Grizzleyette- but I have to tell you that my book is fiction - based on some fact, but still fiction. Reading the prologue, it sounds like I am talking about myself, but that is Denise, the main character speaking. Just wanted to set the record straight- don't want anyone to think I am trying to pass myself off for something I am not.

I hope you enjoy the book, and that you'll leave me a review when you're done. Since this is my first book, I am looking for all of the feedback I can get to make the next one better!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Ha! That is the mark of good fiction: I have already fallen in love with your main character before getting to the first chapter. Now I MUST order that book soon! Well done.

Do you have any future plans for the Amazonians to offer the book in print as well?

Ha! That is the mark of good fiction: I have already fallen in love with your main character before getting to the first chapter. Now I MUST order that book soon! Well done.

Do you have any future plans for the Amazonians to offer the book in print as well?

Yes, I am working right now to format the paperback version. I hope it will be available some time next week. Thank you for the ultimate compliment of loving my heroine!!!
:Thankyou:

I might not be a very good writer but after publishing over 60 titles, I sure have the publishing part down pat. If you have any questions just ask.

Not to hijack a thread, but I have always enjoyed your books :)

It sure looks like your book is a resounding success! How about an update?

Hiya, Hiwall!

The book is doing really well. I just got my first royalty payment, and that was fun! I was contacted by a publisher who was interested in signing me as one of their authors. After a lot of investigation and discussion, I signed with them! So.... book 2 will hopefully be out by the end of July, beginning of August. Then, I have five more books in the pipeline! I have discovered that writing is one of the best stress-relievers I could find! I really appreciate all of the advice you've shared with me - it has been really helpful. Of course, these days, I've been spending so much time writing to get #2 done, I've not had as much time to spend here (although I do lurk in the shadows some!)

Tell Mrs. Hiwall I said hi - and the next time you guys come to the "big" (ahem) city, let's try to get together. Maybe come over to the house and we can grill something for dinner. :brewing:

Book 2 is now live!
book 2 cover.jpg

Back