My girl

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to here that.
I read an article many years ago about how Doberman were used to watch children, while parents worked crops in the field.
I looked for this article, but can not find it, it said the dog were gentle & protective of their family member against all outsiders.
I was surprised, because the Producers make them look like werewolves in most movies. I loved how the Doberman who kelp
Magnum P I on his toes.

Sorry to here that.
I read an article many years ago about how Doberman were used to watch children, while parents worked crops in the field.
I looked for this article, but can not find it, it said the dog were gentle & protective of their family member against all outsiders.
I was surprised, because the Producers make them look like werewolves in most movies. I loved how the Doberman who kelp
Magnum P I on his toes.
She has to have been a great protector for you, Pearl.
My neighbors have the third female Doberman they've owned. This last one has been the most difficult for them. They have done lots of training with her, the most they've done with any of their dogs, but she is very protective, on the job all the time, and vocal about it. A month or more ago, a gate was left open and she got out. She ran across the busy street we live on, and bit a woman who was walking on the sidewalk. I happened to be working in the garage that day and heard the woman crying hysterically as the dog wanted to keep at it. Her owner came out and whistled and the dog came back. They thought they would have to surrender her. They told me they were going to. They have a daughter who is around 11 who is very social. Their concern was that her friends might have a problem. We did not see or hear anything about her for a couple weeks, but she is out in the yard, protecting the family every day.

Our Rhodesian ridgeback was very protective, and if a stranger came to or in the door, especially a man, she sounded very scary. She was saving us from those lions!

She has to have been a great protector for you, Pearl.
My neighbors have the third female Doberman they've owned. This last one has been the most difficult for them. They have done lots of training with her, the most they've done with any of their dogs, but she is very protective, on the job all the time, and vocal about it. A month or more ago, a gate was left open and she got out. She ran across the busy street we live on, and bit a woman who was walking on the sidewalk. I happened to be working in the garage that day and heard the woman crying hysterically as the dog wanted to keep at it. Her owner came out and whistled and the dog came back. They thought they would have to surrender her. They told me they were going to. They have a daughter who is around 11 who is very social. Their concern was that her friends might have a problem. We did not see or hear anything about her for a couple weeks, but she is out in the yard, protecting the family every day.

Our Rhodesian ridgeback was very protective, and if a stranger came to or in the door, especially a man, she sounded very scary. She was saving us from those lions!
Ridgebacks are great dogs! I worked for an obedience club for 20+ years so my Dobe is very trained! Always being docile except when necessary. Had them as a kid and always really loved them. Had a few great Golden Retrievers too!

Back