My Heart issues.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If I posted about my health, y'all be reading here for days.
Had 2 heart attacks back 20 years ago.
Yep, I've never been the same since.

Still having resulting problems .
3 tachycardia attacks in 2020.
Had to be shocked all 3 times , ain't no fun.

I appreciate every day the good Lord sees fit to give me.

Jim

Last edited:
Jim, it sounds like you have been doing all the right things to stay on the right side of the grass!

In a way, those scary wake-up calls are often the things that motivate us to double up on efforts to stay as clean and healthy as we can. Some of us who get those 'calls' are lucky because we have been given a heads-up and the chance to do all we can to stay healthy. Otherwise, we might never know that something is amiss until something hinky-bad happens.

Praying for continued good reports from your doctors!

Last edited:
Jim - you two have been through a lot. You just keep blasting through it all, and I am grateful for that. I wish you could get rid of your wife's pain. That can make things tough. But to her great credit, I can't think of a more outgoing, happy and positive person to have in your presence. All smiles when I see you guys. You have a wonderful wife, and she has a wonderful husband. That makes me happy just thinking about it. You two hang in there!

Jim, my Pops is going through the exact same thing - multiple instances of ventricular tachycardia in the last year and a half. I witnessed the last one and to see his eyes go dull and his color go gray was terrifying. I thought we might lose him right there at the kitchen table.

Hopefully he gets the pacemaker. He has 35-40% heart output so if the darn thing would stay in rhythm he could get by ok.

You need to keep your ticker in good working order, Jim. We all want to keep you around!

This will get you a C or C- grade on the treadmill test.

EKG.jpg

My first massive heart attack was in November of 1997.
They just rooter rootered the aretery at the time , there weren't stents large enough then to stent it.
Then 2001 , new years day , another bad one, while in hospital and they installed 3 stents.

Never had another heart attack again, due to good meds, but only have 25% injection fraction.
Now last year for some reason the tachycardia started.
The last one , in ER, doctor said 5 more minutes was all I had.
, Because in tachycardia your heart is beating so fast it can't pump blood , and my BP was dropping fast.

I don't wish a heart attack on anyone as it kills heart muscle.
That's why it so important to go to hospital with chest pains to prevent heart attack.

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks guys , and gals,
I know that many of y'all have some health problems also . And I say a prayer , when I get a chance for you that are having problems.

Now if I can just get my wife out of pain and back to having a good day.

She goes for the MRI Thurs.

Then schedule another surgery.

Jim

Bless her heart she has really had a time of it this past year too.I sure hope she gets a break from pain very soon.A hug and prayer for the wife.🙏:huggs:

Jim - you two have been through a lot. You just keep blasting through it all, and I am grateful for that. I wish you could get rid of your wife's pain. That can make things tough. But to her great credit, I can't think of a more outgoing, happy and positive person to have in your presence. All smiles when I see you guys. You have a wonderful wife, and she has a wonderful husband. That makes me happy just thinking about it. You two hang in there!

That is such a sweet message..:thumbs:

Jim, my Pops is going through the exact same thing - multiple instances of ventricular tachycardia in the last year and a half. I witnessed the last one and to see his eyes go dull and his color go gray was terrifying. I thought we might lose him right there at the kitchen table.

Hopefully he gets the pacemaker. He has 35-40% heart output so if the darn thing would stay in rhythm he could get by ok.

You need to keep your ticker in good working order, Jim. We all want to keep you around!
Spike hopefully he gets the pacemaker and it works like it did for my best friend and cousin both of them had one put in years ago. :thumbs:

Glad you are ok. I had a small heart attack a year ago and got a stent. I was doing really good on exercising since my work gives us a half hour a day to do it. Then Covid ***** that up like everything else.

Covid is a mysterious devil all right. I have to hang with yall ,talk to family be grateful for hubby and listen to music and dance when possible.Or I'd lose it isolated here in the woods. Plus our dog makes me sile .

My first massive heart attack was in November of 1997.
They just rooter rootered the aretery at the time , there weren't stents large enough then to stent it.
Then 2001 , new years day , another bad one, while in hospital and they installed 3 stents.

Never had another heart attack again, due to good meds, but only have 25% injection fraction.
Now last year for some reason the tachycardia started.
The last one , in ER, doctor said 5 more minutes was all I had.
, Because in tachycardia your heart is beating so fast it can't pump blood , and my BP was dropping fast.

I don't wish a heart attack on anyone as it kills heart muscle.
That's why it so important to go to hospital with chest pains to prevent heart attack.

Jim

Yep.

All those with personal or family history of heart disease should keep a couple of aspirin handy everywhere they go. If you get chest pains, call the ambulance and dissolve the aspirin under your tongue while you wait for the paramedics to arrive.

Aspirin - the 100 year old wonder drug.

I wear "Nitroglycerin" in container suspended around my neck 24/7/365 (it is surprisingly inexpensive, relative to most medications)

Yep.

All those with personal or family history of heart disease should keep a couple of aspirin handy everywhere they go. If you get chest pains, call the ambulance and dissolve the aspirin under your tongue while you wait for the paramedics to arrive.

Aspirin - the 100 year old wonder drug.

I think I'll start a thread in the health section about "PILL Container Thingies" for Neck and key chain.

What is funny to me, is back when I was a paramedic we could administer morphine, valium, etc. on "standing orders" without contacting the hospital or a physician. Meaning we could dispense them as we saw fit, within previously agreed upon protocols.

But aspirin? No, that was by "direct order" only. Meaning we had to get a physician on the radio and obtain explicit permission every single time we wanted to give it.

The moral to this story is: Keep you own aspirin with you. Don't depend on the paramedics to be able to give it to you quickly - it takes a few minutes to raise a doctor on the radio. Note: Protocols differ with location and as time goes on, so aspirin may be "standing orders" these days in some locations. Or all locations for all I know. My paramedic is expired now and I don't keep up with current trends.

So sorry , my best friend died from heart attack in 2019, my dad has heart issues ( he had an electric shock box installed)

I went to the hospital 3 times with what I thought was a heart attack, turned out to be panic attacks. I have had a few lately, and take an anxiety pill and wait half an hour to see if the symptoms go away before doing anything else. They did. I hate having those. One day I am going to have a real one and not even know.

Latest posts

Back