My momas baked beans

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
2= 15 oz cans of bush's baked beans
1 med onion chopped
1 tbl mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbl worcestershire sauce
1/4 lb bacon

mix all in casserole dish
place bacon strips on top
bake at 350 45-60 minutes
till bubbly and gooey look'n

A great aunt of mine had a version I really liked. I know they had brown sugar, mustard, bacon, onion and she started with dry beans, soaked them... The part that was a little different... there were diced green bits of something which I'm pretty sure was bell pepper and there was also ground beef, could have been ground pork. Sorry best I can do from memory, she passed 30 years ago. Anyway, there were the best I've ever had.

Baked beans that come canned really are better when they are doctored up. I didn't grow up with them, but shortly after I got my first apartment, I learned about doctoring up the beans from a can. I have never used a recipe, just add a squirt of this and some of that, all of the things that you mentioned. Bacon makes everything better, doesn't it? And onions! I add a little garlic and a couple shakes of clove spice.

Do you mind if I put your recipe on my recipe blog? I will give your Mom credit!

Baked beans that come canned really are better when they are doctored up. I didn't grow up with them, but shortly after I got my first apartment, I learned about doctoring up the beans from a can. I have never used a recipe, just add a squirt of this and some of that, all of the things that you mentioned. Bacon makes everything better, doesn't it? And onions! I add a little garlic and a couple shakes of clove spice.

Do you mind if I put your recipe on my recipe blog? I will give your Mom credit!
be my guest

Latest posts

Back