My new & improved definition of "Prepping".

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be HOARDES of illegals to take your land! Yeah, you have guns and ammo, but you are very outnumbered, and they have better guns and more ammo! I always say I am ready to live on the run! Yes, I will eat the dog!
There are not hoards of illegals where we live. Only hordes of Amish
Realistically if society completely crashes, there won't be transportation like it is now. The fuel pumps wont be running and the roads will be cluttered up with vehicles that ran out of fuel or had accidents or just broke. A lot of it will depend on the specific scenario of what sort of event caused it.
I really don't have any desire to survive a nuclear ww for example.

And back to my point, you can have years of food and supplies hoarded but that is only good if you can live where you are at!! If the hoarder preppers lose their homestead, can they survive ??? The government wants federal property taxes, and want you to own nothing because you will be happier! They  want to take what you and your family has worked hard for! Prepping is not hoarding and thinking you will be able to just hunker down and wait it out, that most likely won't be an option!!
If there are any signs that the federal government is about to engage the military in this country to take peoples land away, at that point I will move to another country. This sort of thing just doesn't happen from 1 day to the next

There are not hoards of illegals where we live. Only hordes of Amish
Realistically if society completely crashes, there won't be transportation like it is now. The fuel pumps wont be running and the roads will be cluttered up with vehicles that ran out of fuel or had accidents or just broke.
I have been saying exactly this for years.
no illegals where I live either, the migrants prefer the cities not rural small towns and villages.

if it gets that bad, the Military and Police will not be paid and will go home to look after their families, same with every other worker.

The town I live closest to has a cathedral....a smaller hydro electric dam on a major river, coal deposits easily reached and rail road tracks going four directions.
Steam engines on rails are doable, coal is doable. People are the weak link. All those pesky plauges, famine, dictators and war lords.

my location has none of these. nice quiet rural area.
The closest town only has 35K people then it is 100KM to the next smallpopulation center.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgs750 hogback.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgs750 hogback.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 0
The closest town only has 35K people then it is 100KM to the next smallpopulation center.
It really is about perspective. I know Devon is the rugged country over there. We have 30-35K in our whole county and it’s too many people for me. I grew up in a town of about 1000 people. Closest town of 10k people was a 2.5 hr drive. When we were out on the ranch, I was places that I knew there wasn’t another human 20 miles in any direction. It’s a singular feeling some don’t like. I loved it.
I think it’s interesting. You must be on the eastern side. I was in Wisdom this past fall - thought it was almost perfect.

Latest posts

Back