My Videos Of The Various Homestead Projects.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It was suggested to start my own thread where I can share the links of my YouTube videos. Due to the wide range of topics the thread wont fit in any other category so hopefully this will give us something to talk about on the front porch.
Thank you.

My first video had to be a photo montage, with very few viceo clips, because I was building and didn't have time or help to work a camera. I just want to say that without Shorty volunteering to help and pushing me every day I would never have finished the framing. He was 75 years old and only slowed down one day, as noted in the video.
It played slower on my computer before I uploaded to YouTube, probably due to my old computer, so you might want to set the video play speed to .75, or 3/4 speed, to allow enough time to read some of the notes along the way.

It was suggested to start my own thread where I can share the links of my YouTube videos. Due to the wide range of topics the thread wont fit in any other category so hopefully this will give us something to talk about on the front porch.
Thank you.

My first video had to be a photo montage, with very few viceo clips, because I was building and didn't have time or help to work a camera. I just want to say that without Shorty volunteering to help and pushing me every day I would never have finished the framing. He was 75 years old and only slowed down one day, as noted in the video.
It played slower on my computer before I uploaded to YouTube, probably due to my old computer, so you might want to set the video play speed to .75, or 3/4 speed, to allow enough time to read some of the notes along the way.

I don't have to tell you that that is a lot of work in the house! God bless Shorty!
How many square feet is your home?

Good idea reinforcing from below with the 2x6s! Anticipating the next point of failure is way better than fixing each one as they come up :)
Thank you. I have the polycarbonate snow birds on order, they should be here next week. I will put them every foot or so about 2 feet up from the bottom of the roof and put a few above each wire and above the chimney itself. That should help with the snow/ice creating problems.
I think (guessing) the problem with the snow/ice is after the snow stopped it was cloudy and the sun didn't warm the roof, but it wasn't cold enough outside to need a big fire to warm the house which would also warm the attic a bit so the snow didn't slide off and when the damp snow froze over night the next day it slid and the ice was stronger than the wires.

Back