My Yorkie is gone

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winds-of-change

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_7890.jpeg

My little Yorkie got killed in the road today. I feel so bad that I wasn’t watching her. We live on 7.5 acres and we always just let them out. I feel terrible. I couldn’t go to my volunteer job today.

I'm sorry..are you going to bury her?
Yes. My husband buried her next to his shop. I’m going to plant a bleeding heart in her grave. Thank you, everyone for the condolences. She had been through several homes by the time we got her. She had a lot of fears and hang ups. She was afraid of storms, high winds, loud noises. She would run around and pant hard during those times and we always had to keep a pee pad down around the 4th of July or during thunderstorms. But we loved her and gave her a great life.

So very sorry for your loss Winds of Change. Penny is beautiful and you gave her a great life. Your other dog (that beauty in the pic) will look after all of you.

Well, my pit mix dog, Karma, has been very lonely without Penny. When we took Karma to the vet for her annual check up, we looked at a couple dogs the vet was looking to rehome for others. We looked at a 13 week old puppy who was very calm and submissive and Karma like her. We looked at that digs littermate who was very active and excited and Karma curled her lip at her because she was a bit much. Then we looked at a 1-2 year old Corgi mix who Karma seemed to like. We decided to go get the Corgi mix tomorrow and see how she fits in to our household. She was given up because she chews but she was an only dog. I’m hoping she is okay here with another dog to play with and lots of chew toys. Of course, she will be kenneled when we leave the house. Also, she’s more the size we want. The pups would be about 50 lbs full grown. I am not real steady on my feet and might have a hard time managing a 50 lb young, exuberant dog. I’ll post pictures tomorrow when we get her.

Well, my pit mix dog, Karma, has been very lonely without Penny. When we took Karma to the vet for her annual check up, we looked at a couple dogs the vet was looking to rehome for others. We looked at a 13 week old puppy who was very calm and submissive and Karma like her. We looked at that digs littermate who was very active and excited and Karma curled her lip at her because she was a bit much. Then we looked at a 1-2 year old Corgi mix who Karma seemed to like. We decided to go get the Corgi mix tomorrow and see how she fits in to our household. She was given up because she chews but she was an only dog. I’m hoping she is okay here with another dog to play with and lots of chew toys. Of course, she will be kenneled when we leave the house. Also, she’s more the size we want. The pups would be about 50 lbs full grown. I am not real steady on my feet and might have a hard time managing a 50 lb young, exuberant dog. I’ll post pictures tomorrow when we get her.
Being a young , only dog could very well be why chews. Hope she works out!! ♥️

Latest posts

Back