Name that Thing~

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another one. Anybody know what this is? The top is stamped Made in USA 1917. Someone hubby knows on FB is trying to figure it out.
View attachment 117388
Interesting question.

There may be a maker's mark just below the bottom left screw head. The resolution is too low to make sense of it. A double anchor?

So I have to choice between ....

Is that what it originally manufactured as

Or

Did someone repurpose something cool.

After some pondering I will go with....

An umbrella stand.
:rolleyes:

Ben

Interesting question.

There may be a maker's mark just below the bottom left screw head. The resolution is too low to make sense of it. A double anchor?

So I have to choice between ....

Is that what it originally manufactured as

Or

Did someone repurpose something cool.

After some pondering I will go with....

An umbrella stand.
:rolleyes:

Ben
There was another pix, but now FB isn't letting him get to it. If he succeeds, I will share it. The center hole only went down about 4" (looked to me). I was even thinking plant stand. When I first saw it I thought of one of those meditation bells. Will see if he can find it.

I want to guess they are window hardware.

View attachment 103714

I am guessing related to a window latch.

View attachment 103715

Could that be a half cleat to tie back curtains from a window?

Just guessing

Ben
Sorry, I don't remember the name. It looks like a piece off a smaller sailboat. I goes just above the chainplate to attach a stay with.

It is indeed a drumstick maker. You take your ground chicken, or whatever, and form your drumstick. You would have a box of dowels with one end sharpened, like a pencil. You shove the dowel through the hole at the end. When you open the mold the drumstick is then rolled inn bread or cracker crumbs. My grandparents used to sell them at their meat market. I remember Mom making these regularly.

View attachment 103620
This was in a kitchen drawer at my older couple's house. Any ideas on what it is???

Back