Name that Thing~

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Your cheese crock should be kept in the refrigerator and taken out for daily use. It is suitable for storing the wide international assortment of cheese. Before serving, let it adjust to room temperature. Please water the bell cover with cold water before use and keep moist to ensure proper storage. If at any time you intend not to use the cheese crock for a longer period, turn the cover upside down and let it dry out. Do not clean the cover inside with any detergents."

IMG_20221020_210736_01.jpg

Another "thing", and go.......

Last edited:
There are all manner of spanner wrenches. Hook spanner (the first one shown). Adjustable hook spanners, Pin spanners and adjustable pin spanners (the second one shown). There are pin and hook spanner sockets. Quite a few of these rest in one or more of my tool boxes. They are used on hydraulic cylinders, axle nuts, 4 wheel drive hubs, AR15 barrel retainers, switch bezels on older cars, and a host of other uses.

There are all manner of spanner wrenches. Hook spanner (the first one shown). Adjustable hook spanners, Pin spanners and adjustable pin spanners (the second one shown). There are pin and hook spanner sockets. Quite a few of these rest in one or more of my tool boxes. They are used on hydraulic cylinders, axle nuts, 4 wheel drive hubs, AR15 barrel retainers, switch bezels on older cars, and a host of other uses.
In the UK all wrenches are spanners... so it is a wrench. ;)

Ben

It's not a bucket lid wrench, I have a couple of those. Specialty fits the bill. Probably only made and used for one purpose.

Edit... A spanner wrench of some type.

View attachment 96409
That one is a "pin spanner". I have 3 different sizes of those that I used monthly, for decades.
The one that @Pearl posted is a "hook spanner". I have 4 of those that I used, for decades. They are 'well-worn' today :confused:.
Mostly used to unscrew the the end-cap from hydraulic cylinders.
Nothing else will do the job without tearing it up. :thumbs:
Here you can see what happens when you use a hammer & chisel and/or pipewrench, instead of a hook spanner :mad::
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The brown blob. This was my grandmothers. The odds are it was bought after the tornado in '74. It could have been older. A few things survived the tornado.

I remember it having sugar in it at one time. It used to have a weird plastic spoon type device with a bear on one end and rings on the other.

Was it supposed to have honey in it? Is it supposed to look like a bee hive? Looks more like something the bear left in the woods.

Anyway, I found it and cleaned it up some time ago. Meant to post it but...

Any ideas?

Brown Thing 2a.JPG

I think you are supposed to pour chocolate in it like casting a bullet, put a stick in it, cool it, and out comes a great treat for kids. :D
Like this:
drumstick20pop-500x500.jpg

I have to point out LadyLocust's GREEN nail polish one more time!! Ya know, just to say  thanks for the new nickname!!😃😉 So everyone please view her pics!!♥️
Actually you can laugh at me. Right now they have French tips but I missed my left thumb. Didn’t bug me enough to redo it 😂. Next will be green for St Patty’s Day 😍

Latest posts

Back