Naps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes my wife nuts, I am asleep 30 seconds after I hit the pillow.
My daughter is like this. She is asleep almost when her head hits the pillow.

When I was a young adult, I had a traumatic breakup with a boyfriend. It took me a while to get over it, and for a long time I did not sleep well at night. I had always slept really hard as a child, and I was probably the first person to go to sleep at night.

My daughter is like this. She is asleep almost when her head hits the pillow.

When I was a young adult, I had a traumatic breakup with a boyfriend. It took me a while to get over it, and for a long time I did not sleep well at night. I had always slept really hard as a child, and I was probably the first person to go to sleep at night.
I am so sorry for your difficulties. My DW did not have a solid family or nice experiences as a teen, makes for some unexpected conversations at times, even 40-50 years later. I don't sleep soundly, and I always sleep between her and the door.

I am so sorry for your difficulties. My DW did not have a solid family or nice experiences as a teen, makes for some unexpected conversations at times, even 40-50 years later. I don't sleep soundly, and I always sleep between her and the door.
Thank you. Having a safe and secure family, or not, has a permanent affect on everyone. All of us are formed by our childhood experiences.

When I was young I worked like a mule 12-14 hours per night, slept like a log. Woke up 1 day to discover I had someone in my house, leading to an unpleasant encounter.
Now I am a very light sleeper, I can snore and answer questions at the same time.... When I hear a noise I don't recognize, I have to get up and investigate.

I find that I like to sit for about 15 minutes and close my eyes while snoring a couple times a day, but I don't let myself sleep more than that because I'll be up all night.

I am not a power nipper.
I can not fall asleep or I am out for four hours.
I am a flipper too. A flipper s someone who wakes up flips over & goes back to sleep for a few hours. I have to set a clock & go to bed early to get up a an set time.

Every now and then I can get a nap.
But if MIL walks by my door and hears me snoring, she yells: "YOU'RE NOT SLEEPING, AREYA'?".
Yes, this is the same person that we have to tiptoe and whisper until 11:am for so we don't interrupt her precious sleep :rolleyes:
I got myself a good nap this afternoon and didn't get 'caught':woo hoo:.
...Of course, that means y'all are in big trouble listening to me yapping late into tonight.:rolleyes:

Since my transplant, while my energy levels are better, I still find the need for a nap 2-3 times a week.
Typically, I'm down for an hour, then wake up on my own.
Some days, like today, I'm down for 2+ hours (terrible night last night with severe intestinal distress).

My wife is jealous that I can snooze and still sleep at night.
If she naps, she can't sleep till well after midnight.

I usually don’t nap and if I do, it’s for an hour or more. A 20 minutes nap is just a tease to me. Since I got my diabetes under control and sleep with a CPAP at night, I seldom need a nap.

Last edited:
I have a "mental alarm", naps or night!! Set my time, I got it, never failed me yet!!
[/QUOTE]
My sister was like that, too. Never had to set an alarm.

I have a "mental alarm", naps or night!! Set my time, I got it, never failed me yet!!
My sister was like that, too. Never had to set an alarm.
I have a "mental alarm" too...
It's called 'a wife'. :rolleyes:
Every now and then it goes off and shrieks: "You know you're acting crazy, right?"
go-crazy-gif.58192

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Now back to naps.:thumbs:

Sup,
You have to tie her up first. Make sure she is completely exhausted before you untie her.

You were born with a creative mind. That mental force is at your disposal. Use the force Ben. The force is within you!
;) DO! not try.
Remember, the force is subtle, it is love, soft yet firm, commanding yet compassionate.

Last edited:
Shared Chi?
I like it!
(|I know she was going to beat you up if you didn't say that) ;)
Tell your wife I love her! She, and you, are good sports. :)

Reactions: Neb
I'm weird about naps.

I grew up in a family of nappers. My mom had a severe stroke in her early 30s, when I was 18 months old. She didn't nap before it, but afterward she required a long nap after lunch. As she got to retirement age she started a mid morning nap too. Pops would catnap after lunch some days, depending on how much needed to be done on the farm. My oldest brother napped anywhere, any time. He's well known for just conking out for 10 or 15 minutes. But I hated naps and rarely took one.

Then I worked graveyard in my 20s. My sleep pattern has never fully recovered. I was always so sleep deprived that if I tried to nap I would be out for 3 or 4 hours. Then my pattern would be even more screwed up. I haven't worked nights on a consistent basis since the late 90s but I still can't catnap. If I fall asleep I'm out for hours. In fact I did so this afternoon and it turned into 3 1/2 hours of hard sleep. I wont fall asleep until 2 or 3am tonight. I'm considering just staying up all night, or trying to limit my sleep to just 4am to 6am so I can get back to regular or I'm going to be messed up for days...

I nap in my car during the week.
When I go, I want it to be like my grandfather. Peacefully in my sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

I rarely get to take a nap (nodding off in a chair doesn't count for me!) But when I do nap, I have to set an alarm. Otherwise I'll sleep for a long time. And after a long nap, I am groggy and basically ruined for the rest of the day. 45 minutes is about the longest I can nap without hitting the groggy phase afterwards.

Sup,
You have to tie her up first. Make sure she is completely exhausted before you untie her.
How I ask, do you completely exhaust her, before she completely exhaust you.
Remember a wife is like a tiger, no danger as long as yo keep her feed, but forget to feed her & you may never live.............................................. to correct that misstep.

A hungry animal will take time to mate.
Joel, if you need more than that you are not old enough to do the exercise.
It requires trust and respect of both parties involved. A bit of passion could be helpful. ;)

No need for ropes.

I channel her power for our good. We are a team.

Ben
That was the thing that amazed me when I married mine.
She knew about everything I didn't, and I knew about everything she didn't.
The many times when we joined forces, we were an invincible team! Nothing we couldn't do!
...oh, and she also keeps this "crazy-train" called 'me' from derailment:rolleyes:. :thumbs:
Naps are great.
Having a better half that 'completes you' is awesome!:)

Awesome indeed, I would say "beautifully necessary".

I read somewhere that a full sleep cycle takes 90 minutes and if you’re going to nap and really sleep, give yourself 90 minutes. I can’t nap for 20 minutes.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back