Naps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 20 minutes of meditation I can get through a night of driving without getting tired at all. After a fast day of having the last day with family I drove from San Francisco to Seattle stopping only for gas while everyone else was sleeping. It was a lot like self hypnosis and when we got home it hit. I went to sleep as quickly as I hit the bed.
To get good rest I sleep about 8 hours and feel great about getting out of bed. I can do with less sleep for a short time but I need eight hours to be right.

To get good rest I sleep about 8 hours and feel great about getting out of bed. I can do with less sleep for a short time but I need eight hours to be right.
Even taking a 'controlled-substance' (Ambien) I get 4, maybe 6, hours of sleep a night.
After the first 4 hrs I have to take the mid-night pee break. Then I take the 1/3rd I broke off the Ambien tablet and hope I can get 2 more hours sleep.
Sometimes it works. :rolleyes:
I am tired all the time, but not sleepy.:confused:
Over years, it degrades your brain. (Which is non-repairable:mad:).
The good news is, I found out where senile comes from! 🤪:thumbs:

Last edited:
Having lived in Japan for several years, I was always amazed that commuters on the trains would nod off, and "miraculously" wake up when their stop was announced. I eventually was able to do that, too. Nod off while sitting down, and part of my brain was awake enough to recognize my stop as it was announced.

Having lived in Japan for several years, I was always amazed that commuters on the trains would nod off, and "miraculously" wake up when their stop was announced. I eventually was able to do that, too. Nod off while sitting down, and part of my brain was awake enough to recognize my stop as it was announced.
When I was going to college I could go to sleep and the street car operator would wake me up when it was time to off. There is an advantage to living beyond the end of the line.

Ben

how long to nap.JPG

I wake up at 2:10 am now to take our new pups out to do their business before I need to leave for work at 3:23 am. I do NEED MY 10 minutes of coffee before I take them out. Just give me a little bit to wake up and deal with your hyper active selves. . Yes there is 2. Some days I do end up taking a nap, but most days I do not. Will say the month of December I would come home from work to start crocheting and just dose. December it was about an hour.

Latest posts

Back