National Patriotism Thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if I could just find a picture of a swamp wallaby or kangaroo carrying an Australian flag I would be right :) .

View attachment 23416
Or is this on better?

sei_8076091.jpg

Ever since I was a kid I always added AMEN to the end of the Pledge of Allegiance.
No idea why but I can remember my 1st grade teacher trying to get me to stop. Some of the other kids even started doing it.
I still do it but not out loud.

Amen comes from the Hebrew word "em'a" which means "So be it." Seems like a good way to end the Pledge of Allegiance to me!

There is a lot of myth around "amen". We know it has origins in Egypt and Mesopotamia. You won't find it in Hebrew texts that are approved translations.
In 2000 BCE Sumerian Amen was used to replace the name of the god "An" (pronounced Awn) and Amen means "He is the first"
In Egypt It was changed to Amon or Ammon and used in conjunction with Ra. (Ammon Ra) meaning that Ra was the first.
After that it was part of the Greek and Aramaic languages and ported into Latin and then Olde English.
There is little to say if and how it was used prior to the first written language of the Sumerians. There was a different way to end a prayer and I can't write it but it translates as "So it is" which the high priest would follow with "So it is done".

That's interesting since it appears in every original biblical Hebrew text book I have, to include the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon, and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. IIRC it even appears in the the Leningrad Codex.

Sentry, the biblical texts are not very close to the Hebrew texts. They were not translated by people versed in the old Hebrew codex. If they had been it would be a collection of volumes that would fill the shelves of a library.
I don't know ancient Hebrew but I got a chance to spend a year, off and on, discussing the Hebrew texts. The original codex has some rules:
1. The first letter of each line adds to the meaning of that line.
2. The first letters of all the lines in a stanza say more about the subject at hand.
3, There are words in Both Aramaic and Hebrew that have no direct translation without, at least, a paragraph of English.
4. There are very few people versed in ancient Hebrew and I suspect that they are members of the Great Sanhedrin (Jewish ruling counsel) The ruling counsel makes judgement on the meaning of the scriptures when local rabbi don't feel qualified or can't agree. While I was learning from him a local rabbi (while teaching) made a statement that as long as you followed the law of Abraham you didn't have to believe in G_d to be a good Jew. There was a bit of a discussion on the matter and the counsel agreed but also reminded the rabbi that belief in G_d was the first of the laws of Abraham. So Faith is necessary to that extent.

To those who have given their oath to support and defend the constitution I stand with you. I will not depend on you to stand with me, for I have pledged to fight with all that I have and all that I am. I will welcome your support and will support you without reservation.

It is still in at my house.

Me too .
I live very rural, I mean country, closest neighbor is at least a mile away. My house can't even be seen from any where in summer.

We still put flags around our house, and at the entrance to our property on days appropriate.
Keep one on front porch and flag pole year round...for us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back