National Vietnam War Veterans Day is March 29

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you vets for the sacrifice some who some paid the ultimate sacrifice and many are still hurting really bad still today. It was a war my generation was suffering through, along with the Korean War aka The Fogotten War where some boomers served in both wars.🙏

Yes I made it home,

I don't feel deserving of "thanks" or anything for that matter.

I can't help but think of so many of my friends that came home in body bags.
I thank them and their families.

Jim

You too deserve Thanks.You were taken from your homeland put into a strange nation and probably saw some of the wors of what we humans can do to each other.We alwaays thank vets.

Yes I made it home,

Jim
I think you deserve thanks. I believe anyone who went is worthy of thanks. I appreciate you. I know that when coming home from Vietnam our soldiers were not honored as they should have been.

It could have been you in a body bag. One very handsome young man from my home town came home that way. He is not forgotten. I saw his name on the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial and now he has a stretch of highway named for him.

https://drgnews.com/2020/10/14/sgt-daniel-busse-memorial-bridge-ceremony/
My thanks to all Vietnam vets.

Yes I made it home,

Jim

Jim I have to disagree. You know my story. I look to you all that made it back as a reflection of who my dad may have been. I hold each of you in the highest esteem.

@Bacpacker ,

Didn't know your dad , but feel like I do.

He's one that I hold in high esteem . You and your family deserve thanks for what yall sacrificed.

Most guys that wear this ribbon
FB_IMG_1617067500976.jpg

Have a heart bond unexplainable.
All have seen ,and experienced things that can't be unseen , or described.

Jim

Yes I made it home,

Jim

Maybe you don't feel like you are deserving of thanks but as others have said, YOU and many others that gave their all for America deserve our thanks and gratitude. My family lost members in several wars / "police actions" over the years. If not for their resolve, their toughness, their dedication to America we would not likely be the country we are today. Yeah, a few hiccups, but we are still the best country on the planet. Those that remain are here to tell the stories of war. To remind and teach future generations of the importance what our constitution means. To explain the sacrifice needed to defend it. To make sure that we never see another holocaust. While you are but one, you are no less important than the rest. You were fortunate to survive but you have been given the burden of helping future generations. Thanks are deserved.

I didn't know there was a day specifically dedicated to Vietnam vets.
Thank you!
When I was in DC, the Vietnam Memorial was more moving to me than Arlington (close). Difficult to explain since I didn't know a single name on that wall.

Latest posts

Back