Natural Easter Egg Dyes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Natural dyes for Easter eggs can be found right in your backyard. Many plants that grow either wild or those you cultivate can be used to create natural, beautiful colors to transform white eggs. The recipe is simple and the colors you’ll create are subtle, pretty, and safe. Grow Your Own Easter Egg Dyes You can get plenty of natural Easter egg dyes right from your garden. The colors most of them produce may not be as intense as the synthetic dyes you buy in Easter egg kits, but they are even more beautiful and natural in appearance. Below are some plants you can try when dyeing eggs naturally and the colors they will produce on a white egg:

Read more at Gardening Know How: Natural Easter Egg Dyes: How To Grow Your Own Easter Egg Dyes StackPath

Have used spinach, beets and coffee.
But tonight the grandkids are using the store bought tablets with the vinegar.
I boiled a bunch of eggs, looking for the lightest in color. But dying the light green ones are fun, too.
We'll have deviled eggs with Easter dinner

My Easter egg hunting came to an end when I was in my single digits. Late July or August, in Southern CA, the last egg made its presence known. I was too old for Easter egging after that.

Latest posts

Back