Need A Good Chicken Soup Recipe

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to get a bowl of Vietnamese pho when I have a head cold. Add some Siracha and then the nose blowing begins.
Closest Real Viet Namese Food, is in Orange County. 5 hrs away, best outside Saigon. Cant call it that no more?

Lookin an Smellin Good. Time to walk away, Shave, Shower, put on some "English Laundry-ARROGANT" for Ms Ahn Doo and her special Pedicure. Ill take the chicken off the grill and cover it in the Kitcken, let it cool, before leaving the house. When I get back, it goes back on the grill(without the pan) for high temp crisping. BBIAF. The meat will not be fully cooked.

DSCN0059.JPG

Healthwise I know homemade soup I make is better for me. But when I want soup in 30 min a can of chicken noodle is just so easy and when I'm sick there is no way in hell I'm making home made soup. :-(
More like 5 minutes to heat up a can of soup, depending how you heat it. I do keep canned soup on hand and eat it periodically, including Campbell's. Sometimes I know I am going to have a busy day and throw it in my lunch bag. Easier to clean up after a can of soup as well, as opposed to cooking soup from scratch.

This is for You Weedy. Real Time. "Resto Chicken Soup". Im using one of my Gas Grills for this. I don't feel like firing up the Smoker or Chargrill today.
I washed this Chicken and got rid of the organ meat. Save the neck for bone broth. Pepper and Garlic with SW seasonings, inside and out. Packed it with carrots and celery, breasts down in the pan. 4 outside burners on low, center Off. Pan in center aligned with burners.View attachment 3171 View attachment 3172 View attachment 3174 Temp around 350. This is going to take awhile.
Yes, that is a great way to start chicken soup, Resto. That looks wonderful!

Took it off the grill, covered in Foil tent, on the Glass Cook top, no heat. Going to town for a German Riesling for deglazing. They are more on the dry Citrus side.

Sorry guys. Thing I called during my pedi. I got home and didn't break stride. He wanted a fire. So I fired up the smoker. Deboned the meat, mixed the butter and vegies and roasted bones. Bones are in the Crock. Ministry calls. Burn them Bones. Butter Vegies meat. Deglaze.
DSCN0060.JPG
DSCN0061.JPG

Bones in the crock, what you got? Draaank. Lets Do It.
DSCN0062.JPG

Bones simmered over night in the crock pot, then I dumped the broth in with the Chicken and vegies. Notice how dark and rich the broth is. This is where you might want to add vegie stock and Herbs to lighten up the taste and round it out. 3 more hours to simmer on the stove top, then eat.
DSCN0063.JPG
DSCN0064.JPG

I go all out. And do it up right when make chicken soup for the winter.i buy a whole chicken.celery.either whole carrots that i slice up.or i buy already sliced.potatoes .whole kernel corn...to what ever else i want to add to it.

It is getting to be flu and cold season. I make chicken noodle soup but not as good as some do. What is your secret to good chicken noodle soup?

Ingredients: wide egg noodles, to add up to 1 foot long; 2 pinches salt; 1 free-range chicken; 1 quart water, in dishpan.
Force chicken to walk through water for 1-2 minutes, then remove chicken. Dump water into pot with noodles and salt, bring to boil and simmer until noodles are soft.
Serve with sausage biscuits and gravy.

Soup, KETO style, Brown the meat, chicken or whatever, Remove the meat and add water to make a broth, salt to taste. Add broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower all cut to pieces that will fit in your spoon. Cut the meat into 1/2" cubes add and simmer for a while until it is ready to eat. You can add onion, garlic and carrots if you are not on a strict KETO diet but it is really good without the extras.

Latest posts

Back