Need cat lovers input

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amish_Heart, what kind of sound is your old cat making when he cries after eating? Does it sound like he's in pain? He could have a tooth-ache (possibly from an abscess). Not to be alarming, but it could also be cancer. One of my cats rapidly dropped weight and was having trouble eating. She had diarrhea, was crapping & peeing on our stuff to let us know she was sick. I felt lumps in her abdomen and the vet ignored it for over a year and a half. He finally listened and decided to check it out. By then she was so riddled with cancer there was no saving her. I was more than a bit displeased with the vet over that one. I've lost several pets to cancer.

My friend's adorable tortie kitty gave birth to 4 little kittens. Two look solid black, one is a tortie, and one is a ginger.

Nah, he just cries to eat all the time. I give him a spoon of food, he maybe takes a bite, wants something different. We go from friskies wet, to generic wet, to dry treats, to tuna fish, to chopped leftover chicken or fish or beef. And he gets a few bites of what I'm eating. He's old. He only gets a spoonful at a time, because if it's the least bit dry, he hates it.

Back