Need cat lovers input

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they make such cute noises, @Spikedriver who can resist?
Ours says, "morale?"
And when she's running and knows you've gotten something yummy out of the fridge, she will do this meowing that has all this purring in it. cracks me up.
She makes funny noises while watching birds if I say her name. Kind of like, "met met met"
Since she's getting older, we try not to sneak up behind her anymore. Any cat can jump straight up in the air when spooked.

Lilli Bare says "OW" when she wants you to pet her. I should say, when she wants me to pet her since I am the only one who can. Her mouth curls down too so it looks like she is whining.

My mom absolutely detests house cats. Guess who that stupid cat claimed as her person? That's right, the woman who hated her. After a few months that cat was sleeping by my mom's feet on their bed and getting treats under the kitchen table.
That's a cat for ya.
Same thing happened with my father many years ago when I was living with him. A cat I had loved to go for a ride in the car. It wasn't long before my dad was taking that cat most every time he drove somewhere. Knowing my hard case dad it was way funny to see him driving a cat round town. The cat liked to stand on the bench seat of dad's Toronado as they drove... Too funny.

Mag

I go to garage , I go to the shed , I go to get firewood, just go to get in car.....now tell me ....do cats need to be fed every 30 minutes?

Everytime I walk out the door , they all 4 swarm at my , then run over to where I feed them, then back under feed the back to feeding spot.

I go in and out a lot, 15 minutes and they're starving.

OMG.

Jim

I go to garage , I go to the shed , I go to get firewood, just go to get in car.....now tell me ....do cats need to be fed every 30 minutes?

Everytime I walk out the door , they all 4 swarm at my , then run over to where I feed them, then back under feed the back to feeding spot.

I go in and out a lot, 15 minutes and they're starving.

OMG.

Jim

Our 14 year old cat gets fed whenever she asks because she doesn't eat very much ever! The other cats are fed twice a day.

Our 14 year old cat gets fed whenever she asks because she doesn't eat very much ever! The other cats are fed twice a day.

Yep, that's what our 4 outside mousers get, morning and again late evening.
I am greeted often with a mouse, frog or lizard.
Been told don't over feed them because they won't hunt.

But my goodness...every 15 minutes , right after feeding, they can't be hungry.
I think they do it just to irritate me.

Jim

Your cats associate you with food. The same thing happens when you feed any wild animal - like bears or cougars (mountain lions). The biggest difference is that if you stop feeding the larger animals they will eat you! :) Watch your back, cats aren't trustworthy. ;)

Yep, that's what our 4 outside mousers get, morning and again late evening.
I am greeted often with a mouse, frog or lizard.
Been told don't over feed them because they won't hunt.

But my goodness...every 15 minutes , right after feeding, they can't be hungry.
I think they do it just to irritate me.

Jim

Sometimes they still have room in their tummies and they think they need to be fed again. We have that issue sometimes. The cat that demands another feeding will then puke the food up. :rolleyes:

Why oh why do they lean against each other and rub against each other constantly when they're not TRYING to rub against me.

And they do this right in the spot my foot is SUPPOSE to land when TRYING to walk .....to feed them.

Please go play out in the yard.
Please hide from me.

Jim

Last edited:
Ha Ha Phideaux. They love you.
Well we now have old man cat back. Couldn't believe he survived the 10 hr drive here. He is staying upstairs, not a barn cat. Weighs nothing. Granddaughter was mad that he woke her up twice last night. I told her to move his tray and his bed into the upstairs family room area and shut her door. He likes to be refed at 4 a.m. No one likes a cat very much at 4 a.m.

Why oh why do they lean against each other and rub against each other constantly when they're not TRYING to rub against me.

And they do this right in the spot my foot is SUPPOSE to land when TRYING to walk .....to feed them.

Please go play out in the yard.
Please hide from me.

Jim

That's how cats mark things. By rubbing on what is theirs. You've been claimed!!

Well we now have old man cat back. Couldn't believe he survived the 10 hr drive here. He is staying upstairs, not a barn cat. Weighs nothing. Granddaughter was mad that he woke her up twice last night. I told her to move his tray and his bed into the upstairs family room area and shut her door. He likes to be refed at 4 a.m. No one likes a cat very much at 4 a.m.

I use to feed our cats when i got up before work. Well they would start in about 3. So i change the time of feed to when i get off of work.

Havent been woken up at 3 since then. Afternoon/night time feeding is way better then morning in my opinion.

Our 14 year old Bailey is on the skinny side. It is a sign of a thyroid condition in cats when they are older. I told K I would take her to the vet for testing if I could not get some meat back on her bones. I found that if the fat cat, Alice, loses weight on a canned food only diet then Bailey will be on a dry food only free-fed diet. She gets dry food whenever she asks. I top her food with a small handful of freeze dried nuggets 2-3 times a day and she has gained a bit of weight back. She is still very skinny but she is not as boney as she was.

The plan is to make a feeder box for her. I have a cat door that has a magnetic key that goes on a collar. The door only opens for a cat wearing the key. I want to make the box if I can't find a decently priced cabinet or trunk to put the door in. I will keep dry food in there at all times and she can then eat anytime she wants without the others stealing her food.

I've always had cats but got allergic about 14years ago. Cats are :cool: and protective ,

It's no secret that I'm not much of a cat fan.
So I need some help .
Can somebody explain why this tomcat stays within 2 ft of me , wherever I go. I never have paid any attention to him.
He only does this with me.
He constantly runs about 3 ft directly in front of me , stops , lays on his back and rolls. If I go to the barn ...he does it all the way there. I have to be careful not to step on him.

What's the deal with him.
I'm starting to like him a little.

Jim

He wants to be your friend because you’re the only human up to his level of mentality.

I had a skinny cat once. She was on self feed. I tried different catfood, de-worming, all kinds of stuff but she never gained weight. I think she actually had some kind of mental problems that caused it like some kind of cat anxiety attacks.

I've only had one fat pet that was on a self feeder. Most will only eat what they need when they are sure the food will always be there.

Latest posts

Back