Need cat lovers input

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can happen with ONE cat. Our kitty was happy to see me the other morning and wouldn't stop twirling around my legs, ankles and feet and finally she got right on top of my slippered foot as I was taking a step, kitty launch. No, I didn't kick her. She made funny noises though. I guess we walk to fast?

Cats, you either love them or hate them.
I'm in the love them group.
We always kept our bedroom door closed and lock because one of our cats could open the door and he would come in and want attention.
He got sick and I had to have him put down.
Now we have to leave the door open so we can hear my brother if he gets up at night. The remaining cat comes in and wants attention. She has a new favorite sleeping spot. On my arm close to my head.

NOPE! I'm the only animal allowed in the bedroom. No kids and no pets!

Jim, those are adorable kitties! They clearly sense that you are a nice person. Although, cat experts have said that cats are drawn to people who don't like them or who are allergic. It could be because cat lovers sometimes frighten cats when trying to get near them & people who don't care for cats will avoid them & don't seem threatening.
I've always been fond of animals. I had fun working at a zoo. Lots of weird animals to pet & hold. One of the tigers, who normally didn't like people, took to me immediately & was my buddy.
Cats have a way of winning people over. Obviously not all people of course, but they can be quite charming.

Ive raised many horses, dogs, goats , pigs, steers, ducks , geese.
more dogs and horses than anything because they can be taught respect.

Never had a cat that would mind me and do what I commanded them like other animals.
Therefore they don't respect me.
Therefore I don't want their attention.

I'll tolerate them , they do good keeping mice outta my garage, barn and house.

Jim

Ive raised many horses, dogs, goats , pigs, steers, ducks , geese.
more dogs and horses than anything because they can be taught respect.

Never had a cat that would mind me and do what I commanded them like other animals.
Therefore they don't respect me.
Therefore I don't want their attention.

I'll tolerate them , they do good keeping mice outta my garage, barn and house.

Jim

Actually, they can be taught respect sometimes even better than a dog! Our fatcat Alice can sit, stay, lay and roll over better than our 2 dogs. The one fault she has besides being food motivated is she talks back like a sass-mouthed teenager. ;)

I guess I've never put an effort into teaching cats.

Or herding them.😊

Jim

I have herded cats. Not hard to do. I can yell "DINNERTIME" and 4 cats run upstairs and sit nicely at the foot of my bed. They know right where each bowl goes and who the bowl belongs to. Again Alice is the snot who thinks she has the right to put her face in everyones bowl for a quick bite.

My cats mind better than my dogs. LOL. I call the cats names & they come to me. I even had a cat who played fetch. None of my dogs fetch. I've taught two of my cats to high-five.

It all depends on the cat though. They have very different personalities.

Our cats respond to the pop lid of the cat food, and the words, "Do you want to eat?"

Ours come running to the sound of the can opener. They think I am opening a can of tuna even if it is a can of beans. They get the water I express from the meat.

I'm telling you, these 4 critters on my back porch are gonna cause me great bodily harm one day.
I open the back door to run out to the garage ....I open door, step out and immediately got four fuury cats the size of full grown racoons swarming my feet.

Geeeeze

Jim

Keep a spray bottle by the door,and once sprayed you won't have to do again,not often anyway. And your right they can be dangerous under feet. Cat are smart and learn fast.

Throw the leftovers. Ha Ha. Maybe they'll chase them.
I went down to the basement to put away some more food I bought today, turned on the light, coast was clear. I had lots of dry beans I was planning to put into containers down there, too.
Jayrod and Kevin come flying through the little broken window to come in and bug me. I swear, they know when I'm there. So, I have to sit and pet them, if I want to get anything done.
They just love you, Phideaux.

I had an elderly friend who felt the same way for a long time. He ended up loving cats. He had a loyal kitten who sat on his lap all the time. She would purr for him and make him feel better. She was snuggled up with him when he passed away. They have a way of winning people over. But, I get they aren't for everyone.

Cats steal your breath. That cat that sat on the old mans lap was stealing his breath and it killed the old guy.
They are evil!

OK, that was just a little over the top. ;)

Cats steal your breath. That cat that sat on the old mans lap was stealing his breath and it killed the old guy.
They are evil!

OK, that was just a little over the top. ;)

They don't just steal your breath! They can steal your sleep!

I just checked on Juju and found her sleep 'petting' the kitten who was sleeping on Roo's bed. :rolleyes:She had no clue what she was doing. I put her back to bed and the kitten followed me down stairs. He is now sitting with me patting my hand wanting pets.

Anyone ever see the movie "Cat's Eye"? They had that rumor about the cat stealing people's breath but it was really the little troll doing it and the cat was trying to save the girl?

This reminded me of someone. :)
2050444.gif

Latest posts

Back