Need help if anyone knows.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Years ago I saw an add for an unloader for a pickup truck. It consisted of some type of strong fabric and a hand crank that attached to the tail gate. You placed your load on the fabric, come time to unload you just cranked the handle and out the load came. I need one to use to help me unload firewood.
Sam

I bought one long ago from Harbor Freight. It worked well on the truck I had at the time. However, when I bought a different truck it didn't fit properly but I was still able to use it. Then I bought a new F150 and it does not fit at all making it useless. The only problem I had when it fit was unloading beauty bark. The bark would get stuck behind the wheel-wells and I had to move that by hand. If it will fit your tailgate it's worth the money. If you were close I would give you mine.

Years ago I saw an add for an unloader for a pickup truck. It consisted of some type of strong fabric and a hand crank that attached to the tail gate. You placed your load on the fabric, come time to unload you just cranked the handle and out the load came. I need one to use to help me unload firewood.
Sam
I'm sure you'll find an answer here.

I bought mine at Harbor Freight last year for like $40. My GMC tailgate had a flaired tailgate protector and it didnt fit right. I replaced that with a standard protector an it works great. To prevent stuff from being caught behind the wheel wells and to make a heavier load easier to dump (I have a Rhino liner), I lay out a tarp over the entire bed before i roll out the unloader.

Another option is to just use a tarp. Lay it in the pickup bed before you load. To unload just tie the tarp to something and drive away.
I have done it that way and if you have something to tie to you're OK but then you have to get the tarp out from under the load and the tarp doesn't last long.

I have been eyeing a dump trailer, but it will have to wait until next year.

Those roll-up nets are ok for stuff larger than apples but if you are hauling dirt, you're gonna need a broom.

I have been eyeing a dump trailer, but it will have to wait until next year.

A few years ago , I bought an old International , single rear axle dump truck for $2,000 .
I used it for a year, hauled all my own gravel and dirt .
Sold it for $2,400.

That's free delivery except fuel, and the sales profit paid that.

Just a thought.

Jim

Latest posts

Back