Need help with Sheep

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need a little more info... please...
Are you giving any electrolytes or probios ?

For my lambs, they were given one-half (1/2) chewable tablet of Pepto-Bismol (off brand, remember!) a day. Now, for baby animals, you have to grind up the tablets into fine powder and feed it to the baby a little at a time, gently swiping your finger across the tip if it’s tongue to moisten your finger so the powder will stick, and then putting your finger back into the baby’s mouth and rubbing the powder on its tongue.

https://coloradosheepngoats.wordpress.com/tag/how-to-cure-scours-in-my-lamb/

Scours has resolved ! i am only giving them 3 oz of MR per feeding every 5 hours i want to increase it per feeding how much would be a safe amt to increase MR daily and start sheep creep feed .Also the lambs are 11 days old today.

Last edited:
We have always provided starter grain at all times along with free choice small stem hay. Stuff that’s easily digestible.
They would be trying it with mom when they were ready. I’ve seen them sample with mom at a week or two old. Same without mom.
The more nutrition they get the better (within reason). They will be behind a mom raised baby as it is. They need the extra boost. Plus it seems to help keep stools firmer.

Bottle hair sheep lambs 10 days old today. Been having scour problems anybody have any tried and true remedies for scours and a good lamb mikk replacer .
Judy
I used to give the lambs Pepto Bismal. I don't remember exactly how much but I would put it in a syringe and squirt it in their mouths.

Latest posts

Back