Need Info ,Sexlinks, Black Stars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We have never had these types of hens so anyone have any info about their charactor? We have 4 pullets about 7 wks old I guess.

We had both black & golden sexlinks years ago. They were dual purpose of I remember correctly. I know we had a normal 1 egg a day from most. Good temperament too. Sorry but that's about all I can remember of them.

We had both black & golden sexlinks years ago. They were dual purpose of I remember correctly. I know we had a normal 1 egg a day from most. Good temperament too. Sorry but that's about all I can remember of them.

Thanks for info. I hope they will be good chickens since we already have them .

About 47 years ago, my father had red & black sexlinks.
They where the only chickens that were not free, what people call freerange now.
We put them in a house, because they could not fly, or run fast.
Great egg layers.

About 47 years ago, my father had red & black sexlinks.
They where the only chickens that were not free, what people call freerange now.
We put them in a house, because they could not fly, or run fast.
Great egg layers.

Well Joel these will only be free in the daytime. No way can we keep them penned all day and night. Thank you so much for the warning though. Hope the one BR and RIR are little warriors. I never learn.

I'm no help, we have never raised them ... but best of luck with yours.

Andi, Thank you for bumping it up.

Latest posts

Back