Need your opinion on a new marketing strategy to customers.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have signed up for a new marketing tool. It is text messaging.

As an incentive for them to sign up I am giving them an offer of $2 off per pound for everything on the truck up to 4 pounds.

In addition to that there is a birthday club that will send them an offer of buy 2 pounds get the third for free but they will not know this until their bday. The two pound purchase will at least cover the cost for all 3 pounds so it really does not cost me anything out of pocket but helps to build loyalty.

I would use this to remind them I am coming a couple of days ahead of time and again an hour before I get there.

Since they will be compartmentalized by town, only the people in that town will get the messages.

This means not many messages at all so they will not be overwhelmed and the text will be relevant instead of some mass marketing scheme.

This stuff works with all kinds of businesses and I was turned on to it by another fellow that is doing the same thing that I do.

I think as long as your customers signed up for it, then it would be a great idea. I would also provide a link on the ad to opt out of further texts, so if they get annoyed, they can stop the texts.

Considering that you only go into certain areas at certain times, I think this could definitely work in your favor. Will you have a special sale to announce on each text? Perhaps that can be a way to move excess inventory?

As an incentive for them to sign up I am giving them an offer of $2 off per pound for everything on the truck up to 4 pounds.

I would use this to remind them I am coming a couple of days ahead of time and again an hour before I get there.
This is a great way to build a solid base of repeat customers.
Since you are only at their location at random times, when their friends say: "That stuff you cooked was fantastic! where did you get it?"
They can now answer: "He's not there now, but I can tell you when he will be back :thumbs: ".
Seafood sells! Just ask a guy in Louisiana!
People will pay lots just to not have to eat the same dam boring chicken again.:barf:

Yeah, they can opt out at any time.

I price my stuff accordingly so I don't have to do sales to bring people in. At times I may get a limited amount of something and I could use this to let them know so they could call and reserve some.

A few weeks ago I happened to get 4 pounds of Monkfish and posted it on facebook. Within an hour I had it all spoken for. This could be one of the benefits that they get, first opportunity to secure what they want before I post it on facebook.

This is a great way to build a solid base of repeat customers.
Since you are only at their location at random times, when their friends say: "That stuff you cooked was fantastic! where did you get it?"
They can now answer: "He's not there now, but I can tell you when he will be back :thumbs: ".
Seafood sells! Just ask a guy in Louisiana!
People will pay lots just to not have to eat the same dam boring chicken again.:barf:
Lol, I carry so many choices that I tell them if they can't find something they like just get the chicken.

Latest posts

Back