1. Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.
    Dismiss Notice

New Colt Python (yeah, I said new)

Discussion in 'Pistols / Revolvers' started by Sentry18, Jan 1, 2020.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Feb 3, 2020 #31

Morgan101

Morgan101

Morgan101

Awesome Friend Neighbor

If $1500.00 is the MSRP I'm not in the least bit interested. I will stick with my S&W Model 66. Thank you very much.

Sentry18 and Spikedriver like this.
  2. Feb 3, 2020 #32

Sentry18

Sentry18

Sentry18

Hired Gun Staff Member Moderator Neighbor HCL Supporter

No, just use you spirit of discernment to understand that what you hear, see, and read on the internet may or may not be accurate. Formulating opinions on first hand knowledge and experience always trumps social media hype and hate. I can find all kind of ads, videos, and posts that claim Pepsi is a beverage, when we all know it's nothing more than toilet bowl cleaner. Because I made the mistake of drinking a Pepsi once. Awful stuff.

Cnsper and Morgan101 like this.
  3. Feb 3, 2020 #33

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor HCL Supporter

Just like the Internet hipe about 10 million dollar anti 2nd amendment ad some presidential want-a-be was playing during the Super Bowl? If he did I missed it.

4. Feb 3, 2020 #34

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

A quality control error.

5. Feb 3, 2020 #35

Sentry18

Sentry18

Sentry18

Hired Gun Staff Member Moderator Neighbor HCL Supporter

Turns out you did. Must have been going for more buffalo wings.

6. Feb 3, 2020 #36

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Must have aired during my trip for ice cream?

7. Feb 4, 2020 #37

SheepDog

SheepDog

SheepDog

Awesome Friend Neighbor HCL Supporter

I believe that Colt is trying to rely on their brand recognition more than quality control.
    I haven't had one of these revolvers but I did watch Hickock45's demo and he praised the gun right through the part where the cylinder did not rotate under double action use multiple times in a row. The trigger pulled and the hammer came back and then dropped on the fired round. The hand failed to engage the star to rotate the cylinder. He pulled the cylinder out to check the rounds to see if it was a light hammer strike so we can eliminate a short pull on the trigger or the lack of a full release of the trigger. It happened at least twice in his demo. You could watch and see that the cylinder did not rotate as he pulled the trigger and the hammer came back and released. This was not a case of operator error or an ammo problem. He never stopped complementing Colt or the Python. He even said that other than the failure he was impressed with the gun.
    I am not. This brings back memories of my first 1911 Colt Combat Commander that would not fire two rounds without failure to return to battery. On that Colt I had to hone the burrs off all the action parts to get it to work. I should have sent the gun back but I was able to get the gun working in 3 days of work. The person assembling the gun did nothing to ensure the gun would work and would have had to notice the burrs on all the springs and internal parts. Just because it says Colt on it doesn't mean that it will work.
    Every manufacturer has problems occasionally. What they do about it is what counts. We will see if Colt addresses their problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted