New Engine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it is something that can be done you can't legally disable any emission control device on cars so equipped.
There is a $25000 federal fine for doing that. If you get paid to do it you can serve time in jail along with paying the fine.

Yeah, but its literally the first thing everyone here does when they get a new diesel truck so enforcement must be non-existent.

Alaska does not test for emissions. My '03 Cherokee is having problems with the computer, which they no longer make. Dad's old F-250 is starting to have computer problems. I'd like to get away from those problems, forever.

Must be a recent development. When I was there Alaskas emissions testing was why I kept my truck registered in MT for two years. Oddly enough, I'm sure it would have passed but it was the principle of the thing.

Must be a recent development. When I was there Alaskas emissions testing was why I kept my truck registered in MT for two years. Oddly enough, I'm sure it would have passed but it was the principle of the thing.
Anchorage used to do emission testing but it was not statewide.

Latest posts

Back