New From Florida

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rice paddy daddy

Old Soldier
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hello from the piney woods of rural NE Florida.
My wife and I have been practicing this lifestyle for 25 years now. We have 4 acres, a vegetable garden, one horse, 4 dogs, and 20 chickens.
We are both retired and on fixed incomes, so we have to watch every penny.
I'm an Old Soldier, in Vietnam in 1969-1970.

Hello from the piney woods of rural NE Florida.
My wife and I have been practicing this lifestyle for 25 years now. We have 4 acres, a vegetable garden, one horse, 4 dogs, and 20 chickens.
We are both retired and on fixed incomes, so we have to watch every penny.
I'm an Old Soldier, in Vietnam in 1969-1970.

Welcome Rice PaddyDad and Thanks you for your service.:welcome::thumbs:

Welcome Home, Jim.
I was Army, 5th Infantry Division.
We were on loan to the USMC and operated with them along the DMZ.

So many years ago , 1966-1968. Long ago but seems like yesterday. 3rd Armored Calvary Regiment.
We worked the DMZ a while, but hit a lot other places.

Welcome home to you too.

Jim

Well, there are a few military guys and a few dads too!
pull up a stool to the fire and grab a cup of coffee.
We have skills to share and stories to tell, you'll fit right in.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. One month after I got out of the Air Force, Oct 1965 they were extending service time, I hated seeing the stuff going on over there and with my attitude I'd have probably died trying to do the right things, my salute to all who put their lives on the line.

Welcome, from Colorado!
Thank you, I spent a little over a year in your state, at Fort Carson outside Colorado Springs.
One winter in Colorado, going to the field with the artillery, sleeping in tents, and spending a week at a time in sub-zero weather and snow was NO PLACE for a Florida Boy.
I volunteered for Vietnam to get out of there. True story. (I have the completed transfer request form framed, as a reminder to put brain in gear before moving the body)

Thank you, I spent a little over a year in your state, at Fort Carson outside Colorado Springs.
One winter in Colorado, going to the field with the artillery, sleeping in tents, and spending a week at a time in sub-zero weather and snow was NO PLACE for a Florida Boy.
I volunteered for Vietnam to get out of there. True story. (I have the completed transfer request form framed, as a reminder to put brain in gear before moving the body)
Today would not be a day for anyone to be sleeping in a tent, imho. Woke up to 16 degrees and currently 27 degrees. We have fairly mild winters on the eastern slope, with a couple weeks of cold weather, usually this time of year. We can have some great winter temperatures as well, not too hot, not too cold.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. One month after I got out of the Air Force, Oct 1965 they were extending service time, I hated seeing the stuff going on over there and with my attitude I'd have probably died trying to do the right things, my salute to all who put their lives on the line.

Viking my chilhood friend went in AF in 1966. He was on 130 I think it was, a gunner under the pilot cabin. That sound right?

Welcome to the forum RPD! I recall you from a while back on another forum, long time no talk to. Glad to have you here. It's a great site and many wonderful folks. Just goota keep an eye on a few of them. There can be some serious leg pulling at times. LOL

Thank you again for your service and Welcome Home.

Welcome to here!

20 chickens?

I can talk chickens all day long! But I am...um...a bit different. I'm a big proponent of "survivalist-type" chickens that are tough, almost predator-proof and can survive like a country boy: free ranging game chickens and crosses! I think even the coyotes are scared of them, lol.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Back