New from North Central TX

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankful_k

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hi folks,

I live alone in a solo-built house (well almost all solo) in far north central Texas, on about 20 acres. I am trying to establish a self-sufficient homestead.

I have 9 chickens and 3 cats ... I recently added a well, and am trying to get a greenhouse, garden , orchard, and sheep operation built.

Looking forward to contributing my lessons learned, and getting advice from everyone

Best regards,
--K

A warm welcome from Alaska! I look forward to seeing you posting in the homesteading section!! There is always great discussion in that and related sections.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, wife, son and I spent a year living just west of Pampa, TX in a little community called White Deer while we ran a Conoco gas station in Pampa, this was a time of turmoil as it was at the end of the Carter Administration, as gas war killed our business and I ended up working in a tire shop in Pampa until we got our home sold, thank God we are now living in paradise now. You are fortunate to be able to get that amount of acreage as farms, ranches, the railroad and oil companies generally tie up any open land. The other issue is how deep is well? I know that water availability is another issue in northern TX, anyway, all the best to you in your endeavors.

Hello n welcome. Real nice to see folks out doing their own thing. Makes for a more enjoyable life. It may seem like it at the time but for me now that I'm a bit more mature I'm glad I did it my way.

Welcome from a Texan well south of you. I am routing for you and what you are trying to achieve. . We have cattle and goats here.
Along with a big garden. No need for a greenhouse here since we have mild winters for the most part. I have transplanted some peppers into pots to over winter into a pop up greenhouse just so I can still harvest.

Welcome to here! (Sorry to be coming in here so late.)

Self-sufficiency is near and dear to my heart (and the hearts of many here), so I'm especially looking forward to your posts!

Welcome from a Texan well south of you. I am routing for you and what you are trying to achieve. . We have cattle and goats here.
Along with a big garden. No need for a greenhouse here since we have mild winters for the most part. I have transplanted some peppers into pots to over winter into a pop up greenhouse just so I can still harvest.
Yay, didn't know you are also in Tx😁

Latest posts

Back