• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

New(ish) Winchester Wildcat 22

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
New ultra-light .22LR rifle from Winchester that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines. MSRP is $249.

2020-05-18_1302.png

cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg

More information:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Welp...it's ugly. I guess if it works, it works. But I can get a Marlin 60 for that price, and know it will work, and most of them shoot "lights out" too.

TBH, it's good to have choices for budget .22LR semi autos, but I can't see this thing mounting a serious challenge to the 10/22.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
While there is no doubt the 10/22 is king, but there is an every growing population of shooters who don't want a fat and heavy 22LR like the Ruger. This thing is very light making it a better option for young people. Plus it comes ready to go, making it a better option for those who don't want to spend $700 tricking out their plinking gun.

By the way it's made in Turkey, so I won't be buying one myself.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A friend, that died a few years ago at 80+ years, had a Marlin in .22WRM plastic trigger with a metal sear, it had a horrible trigger pull, took it to a gunsmith friend that really smoothed it out and with a cheap scope it would shoot holes within holes at 100 yards, he thought that I was a good shot, truth is that that rifle was extremely accurate, considering how little it cost. I have an old Remington bolt .22LR that's so old that it doesn't have serial numbers, it was extremely well taken care of and the bluing is close to new, it's also very accurate with just an old Lyman 4 power scope.

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
While there is no doubt the 10/22 is king, but there is an every growing population of shooters who don't want a fat and heavy 22LR like the Ruger. This thing is very light making it a better option for young people. Plus it comes ready to go, making it a better option for those who don't want to spend $700 tricking out their plinking gun.

By the way it's made in Turkey, so I won't be buying one myself.
I just have no desire for a semi auto .22. I much prefer a bolt gun, and I don't know why. But it feels natural to throw that handle after the shot.

Come to think of it, I like bolt action high powers better than battle rifles, too. There's just something about it...I sold my 22-250 and my 25/'06 about 10 years ago and I'm getting an itch to replace them. I miss that 25...

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Well, it is certainly interesting, but I already have a couple 22 semiautos, including a 10/22 that I put a BX trigger and long mag-release lever in. The other one is a Rossi, that is interesting in its own way, including an internal hammer mechanism that looks similar to the one in my old Winchester Model 62. Rough trigger and a flimsy magazine, nut hey, it was cheap. And a Savage B-22 bolt gun in 22WMR, with a very nice trigger.

And, that new Winchester is 'colorful', and the stock is ugly. Just not a proper Geezer-gun. If I was 10 again, though, I'd take it to bed with me.

Latest posts