Quantcast

New Laws Address Floridas Algae,Pythons,Iguanas ,Sea Levels

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yeah, we have hardly any shrimp to spare since we are fishing in "The Dead Zone". :rolleyes:
Here you can see we barely have enough to feed a family of 4 , err, I mean a family of 4,000:

Yep. Life in "The Dead Zone" is pretty harsh:p. I love shrimp!
(now back to runaway pythons and fracking)
I'll Ayn Rand ,

" You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality".:rolleyes::peace:

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Boy you seem to be an optimist today.

You are positive the worst is going to happen.

The same thing happens when silt washes down the rivers all over the world.

Last edited:

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Aw man! I was this close to getting my "You're just a denier!" badge!
brickwall100.gif

Think about it, you haul in just one net and dump 200 pounds of jumbo shrimp in the bottom of the boat that sells for $6.99 per pound in stores. How much is that worth?
Do ya' think we can make ends meet?
Maybe we toss the net twice more just to be sure? (the net lets the small ones slip thru so we just get big ones :p )
Then some city-slicker in the big city who never looks at anything real besides the cracks in concrete outside of his high-rise condo, types on his laptop and convinces the whole world that the entire gulf coast is some damn "dead zone".
Yes, silt comes down the river. Has for millions of years and half of our state is made from it.
Think about it, the tippy-top of your best topsoil is sent to Cajuns.
eek.gif

You should see the rich sugar-cane we grow with it!:dancing:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

I already told yall the whole world is messed up.Silt ain't what it use to be now its a chemical stew.:ghostly::LOL:is that positive enough?

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Aw man! I was this close to getting my "You're just a denier!" badge!View attachment 48313
Think about it, you haul in just one net and dump 200 pounds of jumbo shrimp in the bottom of the boat that sells for $6.99 per pound in stores. How much is that worth?
Do ya' think we can make ends meet?
Maybe we toss the net twice more just to be sure? (the net lets the small ones slip thru so we just get big ones :p )
Then some city-slicker in the big city who never looks at anything real besides the cracks in concrete outside of his high-rise condo, types on his laptop and convinces the whole world that the entire gulf coast is some damn "dead zone".
Yes, silt comes down the river. Has for millions of years and half of our state is made from it.
Think about it, the tippy-top of your best topsoil is sent to Cajuns.View attachment 48314
You should see the rich sugar-cane we grow with it!:dancing:
SuperV if it ain't broke how we ever gonna fix it?
All joing aside I do think we need to be more careful and protect our environment.

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
SuperV if it ain't broke how we ever gonna fix it?
All joing aside I do think we need to be more careful and protect our environment.
If you want a real environmental problem to worry about? Figure out what to do with all of the worn-out wind turbine blades besides burying them in landfills.
They are made of fiberglass and will take thousands of years to biograde:

The little yellow thing, that is a full-size bulldozer.
This land will not be able to be used for anything, for THOUSANDS OF YEARS!
Environment anyone?

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If you want a real environmental problem to worry about? Figure out what to do with all of the worn-out wind turbine blades besides burying them in landfills.

Environment anyone?
That poor man on the lawn tractor will be there awhile too.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Cynsper, these giant Diamond Backs are native to Florida but not agressive unless you agitate or ccidently step on one. This one is around 100lb.s. I keep tellign hubby to wear long jeans in woods like yesterday we both had on shorts cutting vines, only was cutting two bending fence down but you can't cut just a couple, cutting vines is addictive.People here call them Timber Rattlers,but they are diamond back,

Need good leather boots as well.

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Environment anyone?
Here's an idea, bolt and glue them together like "Lincoln Logs" to make durable incredibly inexpensive storage buildings.
The material is beyond-free because they currently pay big bucks to find a state that will bury them.
They will basically PAY YOU to take them.
If you can't make a profit building stuff with free material, you suck.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Last year foreign bottling company Nestles pur in for more water than the million gallons taken ans sold around the world. Our springs are the only water supplying FLorians.

Nestlé Faces Opposition Over Plans To Take More Water In Florida

A water bottling company wants to sell Florida's most endangered resources - water from its freshwater springs. Nestle wants to take more than a million gallons of water per day from Ginnie Springs. But environmental groups say the spring is in an area where groundwater levels are already far too low. NPR's Greg Allen reports.

GREG ALLEN, BYLINE: There are more than a thousand freshwater springs in

ALLEN: Four years ago, state water managers determined that the flow in the Santa Fe River and nearby springs had declined below a level that's sustainable, and action must be taken to help the aquifer recover. Bob Knight, the director of the Florida Springs Institute, says his studies show the flow down 28% from historic levels.

BOB KNIGHT: It's clear that they're past the point of harm, and when they deci

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nestlé S.A. (/ˈnɛsleɪ, -li, -əl/;[citation needed] French: [nɛsle]) is a Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate corporation headquartered in Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland. It is the largest food company in the world, measured by revenues and other metrics, since 2014.[3][4][5][6][7] It ranked No. 64 on the Fortune Global 500 in 2017[8] and No. 33 on the 2016 edition of the Forbes Global 2000 list of largest public companies.[9]

Nestlé's products include baby food, medical food, bottled water, breakfast cereals, coffee and tea,

America is being sold to the highest bidder at the same time our resources are threatened by weather, millions of immigrants, pollution, waste and now pandemic.

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nestlé S.A. (/ˈnɛsleɪ, -li, -əl/;[citation needed] French: [nɛsle]) is a Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate corporation headquartered in Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland. It is the largest food company in the world, measured by revenues and other metrics, since 2014.[3][4][5][6][7] It ranked No. 64 on the Fortune Global 500 in 2017[8] and No. 33 on the 2016 edition of the Forbes Global 2000 list of largest public companies.[9]

Nestlé's products include baby food, medical food, bottled water, breakfast cereals, coffee and tea,

America is being sold to the highest bidder at the same time our resources are threatened by weather, millions of immigrants, pollution, waste and now pandemic.
You need to be squeezing those pythons even tighter!
(Presto! On topic again!)

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Environment anyone?
This picture look like a man on a lawn tractor wering a big cowboy hat, now do you see it? . @Terri9630 and @Supervisor42

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This picture look like a man on a lawn tractor wering a big cowboy hat, now do you see it? . @Terri9630 and @Supervisor42
I confess, it does.
For scale, each blade section is 40-feet long after they are cut up for burial.
Maybe this one will show it better:

This is the machine that is putting them in place so the bulldozer can cover them up.
That is not a Home Depot forklift.
And there are TONS OF THEM!

Remember, don't tell nobody. We're saving the planet with "Zero-Emissions" wind power! ;)
flower70.gif

Edit: More facts to read that are being quietly buried like Hillary's emails:
https://stopthesethings.com/2017/07/15/wind-turbine-blades-a-toxic-legacy-for-centuries-to-come-so-much-for-saving-the-planet/

Last edited:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I confess, it does.
For scale, each blade section is 40-feet long after they are cut up for burial.
Maybe this one will show it better:

This is the machine that is putting them in place so the bulldozer can cover them up.
That is not a Home Depot forklift.
And there are TONS OF THEM!

Remember, don't tell nobody. We're saving the planet with "Zero-Emissions" wind power! ;)View attachment 49983
Thats what I saw with his arms stretched out and his shoulders little hood in front and his big hat.
But that is a good picture of what it really is.Thanks SuperV.:thumbs:

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
An email that didn't get deleted:

Don't look Ethel!
Free electric power for all with no emissions! :woo hoo:
Back on topic, if people are genuinely concerned about the 'environmental impact' of Pythons in Florida, all they have to do is say: "Shoot all you want" and they will all vanish in 3 months.

The creature breeding above however, will be haunting us for centuries with no solution.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
An email that didn't get deleted:

Don't look Ethel!
Free electric power for all with no emissions! :woo hoo:
Back on topic, if people are genuinely concerned about the 'environmental impact' of Pythons in Florida, all they have to do is say: "Shoot all you want" and they will all vanish in 3 months.

The creature breeding above however, will be haunting us for centuries with no solution.
What caused the blades to melt like that? Thye do let the people hunt the pythons but I don't know the specifics.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just found this,

You can hunt for pythons all year long but it has to be a fair fight for thr serpent!:rolleyes::(.So I guess it has to be a wrestlingcontest between the snake and the hunter. Maybe lasso and beat hem to death with your fist.:dunno:.
But I hear they are very fast to coil around you before you can blink an eye.
Sometimes I'd like to put PETA in the swamp for a week to protect these slowly eat you alive devils.PETA has its place but this is not one of them. Go save the whales and elephants.

Removing Pythons in Florida

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Get aa load of this,you may have troublr breathing while drawing lines if the python is wrapped around you sqeezing the life out of you while you 'huminly' kill it.

mane Methods for Killing Pythons
There is an ethical obligation to ensure a Burmese python is killed in a humane manner that results in immediate loss of consciousness and destruction of the brain. Here are several ways to accomplish this, including using a captive bolt or a firearm to destroy the snake’s brain quickly and completely.

To target the correct area, draw an imaginary line from the rear left of the head to the right eye, and then draw another line from the rear right of the head to the left eye (Farris et al. in press). While one person is holding the snake in place, position the captive bolt where those lines intersect. The bolt must enter at a slight angle, not flush to the skull.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
OK Meerkat, you hold him while I use the bolt gun...

We're gonna need a bigger dude... ;)

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Their brains are really small. I think decapitation should be quick and humane. Now I have to build a gun that shoots shovels. :)

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What caused the blades to melt like that? Thye do let the people hunt the pythons but I don't know the specifics.
The turbine blades didn't melt.
Anything that is long and in the wind, flexes. Anything that flexes is subject to fatigue failure from cracking.
Ever bend a solid wire back and forth until it broke?
You didn't need wire-cutters, didja?
Same thing.
That's what is wrong with all of those beautiful blades being buried; they are shot full of fatigue cracks.
On topic:
Any pythons that cross the line into Alabama are toast!
Alabama has laws for "Game Animals". They are not on the list!
This means: No limit, no closed season, any weapon, daylight hours only.
machine-gun.gif

I did get a kick out of Florida's nonsense law about how to kill them "humanely"
lol.gif
As they say in Alabama: "There's ya problem!"

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Last june a pyton hunter was bitten by a python but he got the snake bagged.

Python hunter alone in Florida Everglades suffers bloody bite, brings home 17-foot snake

ALM BEACH — The snake’s head was as big as a garden spade, lunging at hunter Mike Kimmel once, twice, before sinking its recurved teeth into his arm causing blood to spurt in rhythm with his racing heart.

Alone on a spoil island deep in the Florida Everglades Kimmel had come looking for the invasive python. He knew the mounds of high, dry ground would be fertile hunting with late May rains causing waters to rise. He estimated the coil of muscle in the crunchy underbrush at about 17 feet.

But the licensed python hunter underestimated its reach and took a risk by grabbing its tail instead of its head. Teeth, engineered to impale and hold struggling prey, sliced a vein below his elbow.

“At that point, my main concern is not blacking out,” said 32-year-old Kimmel, whose video of the June 8 encounter shows a breathless battle with a honed predator as big around as a small ship’s mast. “Bleeding out crossed my mind, but I was really worried about losing consciousness.”

South Florida Water Management District python hunter Mike Kimmel with an estimated 17-foot python he captured June 8 in the Everglades. Kimmel, of Martin County, owns Martin County Trapping and Wildlife Rescue. Photo courtesy Mike Kimmel