New Lucy Glo Apple, Is It Good? Review and Comparison by Skillcult

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
by his own words steven edholm/skillcult is an apple snob...lol...he got some of the new apples to try. he has all these new apples himself he has been breeding and has several new ones his year. one is a no name and the other is a desert crab he calls tomboy. i will post a short of these two after this lucy glo review.

FROM 12-13-22

Nice, thanks for the 411. :cool: We've been digging 'Sugarbee's lately.. Sweeter than a mouthful of cotton-candy, Crisp as 'brittle', and plenty-tart for cooking purposes.. We likey.. 👍

Just too bad we can't Live on our Land where we Could stand a chance at 'DIY'ing.. :rolleyes: Oh well, maybe Someday..

jd

just look at the flesh. some of these apples are said to taste like jolly ranchers they are so sweet. one taste like watermelon.last year the limited scion wood went real high in price but hopefully it will be more available. he has one called black strawberry.

Reactions: Neb
@SoJer look at this apple he named cherub. it looks like a plum/apple cross. i am excited as i have this grafted out on my trees.it was my garden splurge last year. i have 2 trees and they have took $200 to build so far with varieties on them

Grafting is my list to try this year. I have a dwarf apple tree that the deer ate down above the graft. What grew back is a crab apple. It has plenty of branches I can use as grafting sites. I wouldn't mind having my own frankentree.

Ben

Grafting is my list to try this year. I have a dwarf apple tree that the deer ate down above the graft. What grew back is a crab apple. It has plenty of branches I can use as grafting sites. I wouldn't mind having my own frankentree.

Ben

i have two more 'mother trees' to graft to this year. i got on clearance for $5 each. i just dont know route i will go. i want skillcult stuff but its so limited and dont know yet whats available and am running out of time to order from fedco.

i have two more 'mother trees' to graft to this year. i got on clearance for $5 each. i just dont know route i will go. i want skillcult stuff but its so limited and dont know yet whats available and am running out of time to order from fedco.
I have a dozen or so apple trees that will be donners for scions I will collect when pruning this winter. From what I understand I can wrap them in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until spring. I have never grafted but I have watched a lot videos. Timing if the grafting I am fuzzy on. Early spring maybe?

Ben

Latest posts

Back