New Members Introduce Yourselves,Lets See What We Working With

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I'm from the TalkFirearms forum that was recently merged into this forum (today apparently - it was quite a surprise to end up on HCL this morning!) I joined TalkFirearms from the KTOG forums on the suggestion of Phideaux (he's member here also). I didn't join this forum at that time (both TF and HCL were created near-simultaneously IIRC) since I'm not really "Country Living" - I'm in a smaller town between Denver and Boulder, and that hardly qualifies as rural. More like suburbia.

My participation here will probably be mostly in the Off Topic and Chat type subforums, as well as Firearms. My current shooting interest is long range target, but in reality I usually shoot my CZ .22LR at 100 or 200 yards which is good practice for centerfire at longer ranges. Plus, 200 yard ranges are a lot easier to find around here than 500-1000 yard ones. Nothing easy about a .22LR at 200 yards, BTW, so it is good to hone your skills for actual long range with a larger caliber.

We used to have two horses, so I might have fit into that subforum, but alas, they have both died now.

I am 100% a joker. So any posts I make should be evaluated first as, "is this sarcasm or other off-the-wall humor?", because it probably is. So don't get offended right away. I'll be sure to try and offend you later.

Hi - I'm from the TalkFirearms forum that was recently merged into this forum (today apparently - it was quite a surprise to end up on HCL this morning!) I joined TalkFirearms from the KTOG forums on the suggestion of Phideaux (he's member here also). I didn't join this forum at that time (both TF and HCL were created near-simultaneously IIRC) since I'm not really "Country Living" - I'm in a smaller town between Denver and Boulder, and that hardly qualifies as rural. More like suburbia.

My participation here will probably be mostly in the Off Topic and Chat type subforums, as well as Firearms. My current shooting interest is long range target, but in reality I usually shoot my CZ .22LR at 100 or 200 yards which is good practice for centerfire at longer ranges. Plus, 200 yard ranges are a lot easier to find around here than 500-1000 yard ones. Nothing easy about a .22LR at 200 yards, BTW, so it is good to hone your skills for actual long range with a larger caliber.

We used to have two horses, so I might have fit into that subforum, but alas, they have both died now.

I am 100% a joker. So any posts I make should be evaluated first as, "is this sarcasm or other off-the-wall humor?", because it probably is. So don't get offended right away. I'll be sure to try and offend you later.

Hi,Hear and :welcome:. Good to see new folks here. I think you will like us once you get to know us.

Yeah, I'm thinking Supervisor42 is probably one of them. We're friends, and share the same sick sense of humor.
waveguy.gif
Guilty!!!
lol.gif

Welcome, from Colorado. We live in close proximity to one another. I am a retired Denver Public Schools teacher. I am a busy person. I have a house and dog sitting business as well as a grand dog that I spend lots of time with. Although I own firearms, I am not as passionate about it as many of you. I don't have the knowledge, background and training to be as informed. I was an adult before I shot a gun for the first time and still have not had lots of experience. So you will not likely see me in the gun forum section much.

I like people with a sense of humor. I tend to have one myself.
So you city dwellers are not into rural settings does that make you ...........

Hi,

Im from Talkfirearms. Been there from the beginning and then some. Been into firearms for about 10 years now. That pretty much my only hobby because I cant afford another hobby. Lol

Even though I am a city boy through in through, I still work in the country in the corn and soybean seed profession. Sometimes I see the people I work with more then my own family.

Started gardening about 2 years ago. Have a 25 foot by 35 foot area im growing in.

I have very thick skin so dont worry about that. Lol

Thanks for merging the Talkfirearms forum over here.

A brief note,,,
Support Gunner was one of our original moderators from both the extinct Glock Forum and Talk Firearms. He is very competent in what he does, and more importantly, I hope he gets around to showing off his new garden and shows where he works and the type of machinery he drives. It is very interesting.

Hi,

Im from Talkfirearms. Been there from the beginning and then some. Been into firearms for about 10 years now. That pretty much my only hobby because I cant afford another hobby. Lol

Even though I am a city boy through in through, I still work in the country in the corn and soybean seed profession. Sometimes I see the people I work with more then my own family.

Started gardening about 2 years ago. Have a 25 foot by 35 foot area im growing in.

I have very thick skin so dont worry about that. Lol

Thanks for merging the Talkfirearms forum over here.

Well it is nice to know you SupportG. I would say ' new members ' but actually you people are not really new since you merged with us just friends we haven't met yet. :great:.
I'm the silly lady who likes Smilies and info.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @Haertig , @Supervisor42 and @Support Gunner from Australia.
I visited Australia!
Great place and great people. Not many 'gun-people' to talk to though:rolleyes:.
Did have a Vegemite sandwich, wasn't bad:
IMG_2660.JPG

Scuba dived the Great Barrier Reef - saw stuff I have never seen in 30 years of diving.
(a bunch of pictures are somewhere here that came over with the merge:oops:)
Ate 'roo-steak cooked on the barbie, quite tasty:
IMG_20180121_183611_hdr.jpg

I still hate that you have way better gasoline than we do but you can't speed because of the cameras.
brickwall100.gif

IMG_20180121_112519_hdr.jpg
(You wouldn't believe what I could do if I could get my hands on some 98-octane gas:eyeballs:)
Yes, I'd go back in a heartbeat even though it is a reaaally long flight.

Last edited:
@Supervisor42 can't have a visit to Australia without trying vegemite, I might have to try a roo steak although they just bounce around our property here so meat on a hoof so to speak.

Yep relate to not many people to talk to about guns here as they have to be locked up in gun safes and you have to get them inspected randomly once a year by the local police to make sure they are kept safely. No open carry here and you have to have a gun license. Can only own a gun or carry guns in your vehicle if you are on your way to a gun club to practice and have to be a range member and have it secured in your vehicle. You can own a gun otherwise if you own a property as we do and carry it safely in your farm vehicle.

DH is ex army military and was a tanky and the locals call him lanky tanky as he is so tall.

Don't think I can export high octane fuel unfortunately as it is considered a high risk flammable substance ;)

WOW, what a perfect time to see a bunch of old friends from all around the world of forums, coming together to expand one good forum into a great place to meet and swap ideas , stories , and few lies .;)

Presently I'm on the mend of my first knee replacement, then immediately another.:rolleyes:

Hope life slows down enough to let me join in the fun.

Hi and welcome to all my old friends from TF and other places .

Jim

Last edited:
WOW, what a perfect time to see a bunch of old friends from all around the world of forums, coming together to expand one good forum into a great place to meet and swap ideas , stories , and few lies .;)

Presently I'm on the mend of my first knee replacement, then immediately another.:rolleyes:

Hope life slows down enough to let join in the fun.

Jim
Always good to see you, Jim. The knee surgeries are a hiccup. You will be on the mend and getting around soon. Wishing you the best and glad to see you here!

Hope life slows down enough to let join in the fun.

Jim

Very good to see you Jim. Good to know that you're recovering well from first knee replacement and best wishes on the 2nd one. It is good to have friends in one visiting space.

Always good to see you, Jim. The knee surgeries are a hiccup. You will be on the mend and getting around soon. Wishing you the best and glad to see you here!

Thanks Weedy, I am counting on just hiccups, but dang, sometimes the hiccups just won't stop...o_O

As soon as I'm physically ready, I'll be going in for the other knee.:rolleyes:

I have so many other health issues that makes the process even longer and harder.
My overall plan is to be able to wrestle a bull by Christmas.:dancing:

In the mean time , maybe I can get some time to relax and read the posts again.

Jim

Very good to see you Jim. Good to know that you're recovering well from first knee replacement and best wishes on the 2nd one. It is good to have friends in one visiting space.

Thanks Angie,
It's been a long haul, heart issues, hinder and complicate everything.

Hopefully , I'll be conquering that "turned the corner" obstacle this year.

BTW, looks like the Forum is moving into new territory.
Could be an exciting time.

Jim

Sexy ,Huh ?
IMG_20190726_160453484.jpg

Thanks Weedy, I am counting on just hiccups, but dang, sometimes the hiccups just won't stop...o_O

As soon as I'm physically ready, I'll be going in for the other knee.:rolleyes:

I have so many other health issues that makes the process even longer and harder.
My overall plan is to be able to wrestle a bull by Christmas.:dancing:

In the mean time , maybe I can get some time to relax and read the posts again.

Jim

Get well soon my friend.:huggs::flower:

Latest posts

Back