New membership and new peeps--all on the same day!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A batch I hatched in my incubator once year… I was busy working hay one week, cutting, baling and I forgot about the eggs. One day I came to the house for lunch. I was eating and kept hearing a chirping sound. I thought a bird had gotten in the house somehow. I got up and walked around looking for it. Of course, I realized as soon as I saw my incubator… Felt awful silly for a few minutes! 🙄 Several chicks had hatched out…

Good luck on the peeps!

Just discovered this forum today and a broody hen I had marked down for chicks yesterday, didn't have any--but today she does! New beginnings all around! I call the hen house and yard my chicken TV.
Congratulation, glad to have you aboard. I have found in the four year on this site that there are a lot of wise & knowledgably people who like to help anyone they can. I count myself lucky to have found this group, after being on many home & garden sites.

I have a lil banny Cochin that will go missing for a month and show up with 11 chicks almost every time it’s always 11
We had true free range banny chickens that roost in small oak trees, in Spring we would get 10-25 chicks & most made it to adult hood.
We tried to keep up with the hiding nest, but we would miss a few hens every year & kill off the roasters in Fall.
We had two every small banny roaster who would tag team a large white rock roaster, that I was scared of.

We had true free range banny chickens that roost in small oak trees, in Spring we would get 10-25 chicks & most made it to adult hood.
We tried to keep up with the hiding nest, but we would miss a few hens every year & kill off the roasters in Fall.
We had two every small banny roaster who would tag team a large white rock roaster, that I was scared of.
We’ve got two lil bannys that do the same thing It’s all fun and game till one of them got after my son he came running in the house saying “ daddy! We gotta kill that rooster!” But I didn’t I know have him in with my other little flock just to keep him from chasing him haha

Our first chickens were bannys and they are pudy little things and ours laid green eggs.

Latest posts

Back