• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

New SPEK red dot optic

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
From a company this is well known for making optic mounts and other gear.

Spek Red Dot Sight

From the American Defense Mfg. Website:

"The American Defense Spek red dot sight offers extremely fast target acquisition and full situational awareness. Operating on an easy-to-find AAA lithium battery, the Spek provides unlimited eye relief and two eyes open shooting. With 10 daytime brightness settings and 2 night-vision settings, the Spek will perform in any lighting conditions."

Magnification: 1X Eye Relief: Unlimited

Objective Lens Diameter
: 20 mm

Dot Size: 2 MOA

Adjustment Graduation: 1 MOA

Adjustment Range: 36 MOA Windage/Elevation

Adjustments: Tool-Less Day Brightness Settings: 10 Night Vision Settings: 2

Battery Type: AAA (Lithium, Alkaline)

Battery Life (at room temp): 5 yrs (Lithium, Level 5)

Length/Width/Height: 2.6 in. x 1.6 in. x 1.6 in.

Optic Weight (No Mount): 3.9oz

Auto-Shutoff: 16 Hours.

The Spek Micro Red Dot offers an easy-to-see 2MOA aiming dot and is powered by a lithium AAA battery. The Spek offers rubberized push-button controls to manipulate the 10 day/3 NV brightness settings.

MSRP starts at $369. Full Titanium mount will be available in late October.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Why doesn't anyone make a small red dot sight? You know something like a 1/8 MOA dot...
I would really enjoy that on my pistols as long as it was low profile and universally mountable.
One for each revolver and one for each of my semi-autos would be wonderful.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have a Meprolight RDS that is 1.7 MOA, and I actually prefer the smaller dot. I would take an even smaller dot, not 1/8th MOA but maybe a 1 MOA or .75 MOA. Anything over 2 MOA and all I see is a huge red starburst.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Why doesn't anyone make a small red dot sight? You know something like a 1/8 MOA dot...
I'm not for sure, but I would think that would be hard to see for quick target acquisition. I run a Primary Arms https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-red-dot sight with a Fortis mount https://www.primaryarms.com/fortis-f1-optics-mount-absolute-cowitness-height-fortis-f1-ab except mine is 1/3 lower co-witness.

During daylight I have to turn up the brightness to pretty much full bright in order to even see the dot, and that's at 2 MOA.

Last edited:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have a Bushnell 1x4x30mm on my AR, with a 1 minute illuminated dot. I hate it for shooting groups. I shot way better groups with the fixed 6x fine crosshair scope it used to have. But it is ok for shooting at real world targets. I leave it at about 2.5x for a wide view.

I think a tiny, target dot on a red dot sight kind of misses the point. Red dots are for putting rounds on target fast in a combat situation, or competition. They're useful for short range hunting on slug guns or hard kicking rifles. But to reach out 250 yards and put a bullet through a Coyote's head, a crosshair is better...

Latest posts

Group Builder