New to the farm...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Andi

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
010A2192.JPG
Bar ~ Loaded Gun and King of Spades ...

congrats on your healthy additions! always great to see them make it through the first week (over the hump)!

Oh yeah,
Those are good , healthy looking animals ,
Steers, I'm assuming from their names..
Like the names too.

Jim

Bull calves ... ;D
Now he has all the blood lines going back to the revival of the forest service. Something we have been working on for ten years.
~ from wiki ... The Texas Longhorn stock slowly dwindled, until in 1927 the breed was saved from near extinction by enthusiasts from the United States Forest Service, who collected a small herd of stock to breed on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Lawton, Oklahoma.[11] The breed also received significant attention after a longhorn named "Bevo" was adopted as the mascot of The University of Texas at Austin in 1917, and an image of the animal became commonly associated with the school's sports teams, known as the Texas Longhorns.

And thanks for your kind words.

I am not a cattle person,
Just knew we had em on the farm growing up,

But thats good info and iteresting...
Because now I'm iterested ...

Because ,

within 3 miles of my house, ther are 2 farms of Longhorn cattle..
I'm guessing 50 head on each farm.

Now thats cool.

Jim

Bull calves ... ;D
Now he has all the blood lines going back to the revival of the forest service. Something we have been working on for ten years.
~ from wiki ... The Texas Longhorn stock slowly dwindled, until in 1927 the breed was saved from near extinction by enthusiasts from the United States Forest Service, who collected a small herd of stock to breed on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Lawton, Oklahoma.[11] The breed also received significant attention after a longhorn named "Bevo" was adopted as the mascot of The University of Texas at Austin in 1917, and an image of the animal became commonly associated with the school's sports teams, known as the Texas Longhorns.

And thanks for your kind words.

This movie was about a cow brought over to the west and one of my top 5 favorite movies ever. Cattle has setttled the west and evn far south as Florida for centuries.

Movie clip.

Latest posts

Back