New Tractor Gets Tractor Barn

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarOkie

Friend
Neighbor
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
I'm nearly 60 yrs old and I never owned a new tractor before. But I needed something with a solid front leader, a great backhoe, and enough hp to run a large round bailer. So when I retired, I bought a Mahindra 6530.

Now I had my shiny newness sitting in the rain and snow.

So next, I built a 24' by 40' open faced tractor barn with room to store the Mahinda, my older John Deere 790, and two older pickups.

View attachment 794 View attachment 795 I'm nearly 60 yrs old and I never owned a new tractor before. But I needed something with a solid front leader, a great backhoe, and enough hp to run a large round bailer. So when I retired, I bought a Mahindra 6530.

So next, I built a 24' by 40' open faced tractor barn with room to store the Mahinda, my older John Deere 790, and two older pickups.

So what made you decide a Mahinda vrs say a Kubota or any other tractor of the same size? just curious is all.

View attachment 794 View attachment 795 I'm nearly 60 yrs old and I never owned a new tractor before. But I needed something with a solid front leader, a great backhoe, and enough hp to run a large round bailer. So when I retired, I bought a Mahindra 6530.

I have a 2555. I sure wish i had that Backhoe. A lot of work I could do with that. I think I'll go price one this week.....

Back